First Game you ever played!

wellboy1991

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that was the last one I finished. Twice. Despite technically being a better game, San Andreas felt like a disappointment in comparison.

The setting and the music made it superb, like both games equally though. Scary to think how many hours of my life I have spent fannying about on GTA. Incredibly fun, some of the characters/missions and banter on it was absolutely immense. I was about 11/12 playing it so found it all the funnier.

The San Andreas controls feel so clunky nowadays, even the driving feels poor.

Can't get any decent traditional platformers for the Xbox just now which is annoying me, I would love it for a crash tribute trilogy, or if they let Rare remake the Banjo Kazooie games.

Alex the Kidd & Sonic 1 for the Master System 2. Got AK built into the console, Sonic (cartridge only) & a new TV for my room, think I was 5. I remember my Mum running about panicking cause there was only 1 controller. "I'm sure Santa gave you 2 controllers". Then later in the day the family came for dinner & the missing controller appeared. "Santa must have dropped it at your Aunt Janettes when he visited there earlier on Xmas Eve". To me, at the time, this was a perfectly logical explanation haha.

Either

God, that takes me back.

I remember there used to be an electrics shop down town (Dixons, or the like) that used to have a Megadrive set up in the window with the Sonic cartridge in and the demo playing. This was while I was still gaming off cassettes on the old Amstrad, and I remember looking on in awe at the graphics in the shop window and thinking, 'how can graphics on games get any better than this?' :lol:

The first game I played was a Postman Pat game on the Atari. Don't remember too much about it though.

It'd probably have been Italia 90 for the MegaDrive, although I also remember being at my uncle's playing Jurassic Park - not sure which came first.

First PC game I had was World Cup 98. Think I played DOOM before that, at a different uncle's house though.

Jurassic park the movie didn't come out until 93, so chances are Italian 90 would have been the first

Sorry I meant I'm not sure which one I played first. I was born in 1990, so it wouldn't have been until '94/'95 that I'd have played on the MegaDrive for the first time.

First ever on a system I owned - Punchy on the C16

It came with the C16 and was the first thing I loaded on Christmas day :D

I was coming on to post exactly this. This is the first game I can remember playing.

Archived