Dunfermline Athletic v Stenhousemuir

I know this isn't this weekend and a bit away but it is our next game after all and I'd like to get straight to business.

Now, Stenny were absolute tosh our last game at EEP and we rightfully won (by all accounts they have been utter tosh all season). However the game at Ochilview, even with a brutal Booth in charge, saw them squeeze a victory out of a hopeless Pars who would then go on a terrible run culminating in Jefferies' departure.

The victory against Ayr United last week was such a relief and you could see it on the players faces how much it meant. We need to carry it on now if we've any ambition on going up. FWIW I think we can only afford to drop a maximum of 6 points if we want to win the league, including beating Morton at home. Anyway, this match I can see us winning. Will Stenny get the new manager effect that we never got and storm to an unlikely win, if they appoint someone by then? Maybe, but they have been horrendously bad this season and we look to have got stronger in depth with these new signings.

Hopkirk looks a handful and should remain in the starting XI. Geggan has played his best football at right back this season. I honestly think he should keep a place there until Williamson is fit. He gets forward with the ball unlike Millen and can defend well. Spence has probably done enough to earn a starting spot as well.

I'd like to see us continue with the starting line up v Ayr, replacing Byrne with Falky. Buchanan to remain captain:

Scully

Geggan

Martin

Buchanan ©

Paterson

Spence

McAusland

Falkingham

Hopkirk

Moffat

Barrowman

I'll go for 3-0 home win. COYP.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think we will win this but the big games are the two after, we need to win both also.

Anything less and the league is over.

With two weeks to work with the team full time we should have an advantage over the two part time sides.

Hate to break it to you all but any chance we had of winning the league is long gone.

Probably. However, we need to get back into the play-off mix & the only way to do that is to get some form together. If we do secure a play-off place with a run of decent results we'll be in a far different position going into the 2 legged ties than we have been on previous occasions.

I know this isn't this weekend and a bit away but it is our next game after all and I'd like to get straight to business.

Now, Stenny were absolute tosh our last game at EEP and we rightfully won (by all accounts they have been utter tosh all season). However the game at Ochilview, even with a brutal Booth in charge, saw them squeeze a victory out of a hopeless Pars who would then go on a terrible run culminating in Jefferies' departure.

The victory against Ayr United last week was such a relief and you could see it on the players faces how much it meant. We need to carry it on now if we've any ambition on going up. FWIW I think we can only afford to drop a maximum of 6 points if we want to win the league, including beating Morton at home. Anyway, this match I can see us winning. Will Stenny get the new manager effect that we never got and storm to an unlikely win, if they appoint someone by then? Maybe, but they have been horrendously bad this season and we look to have got stronger in depth with these new signings.

Hopkirk looks a handful and should remain in the starting XI. Geggan has played his best football at right back this season. I honestly think he should keep a place there until Williamson is fit. He gets forward with the ball unlike Millen and can defend well. Spence has probably done enough to earn a starting spot as well.

I'd like to see us continue with the starting line up v Ayr, replacing Byrne with Falky. Buchanan to remain captain:

Scully

Geggan

Martin

Buchanan ©

Paterson

Spence

McAusland

Falkingham

Hopkirk

Moffat

Barrowman

I'll go for 3-0 home win. COYP.

You're very welcome, we're here to help xoxox

Hate to break it to you all but any chance we had of winning the league is long gone.

I don't think that is true but it has come to the point that you need to be taking maybe 70/80% of available points from now on. All of the present top six could still win it depending on how games in hand go but there's a lot of games still to come between the these teams and there will be a lot of dog eat dog.

My own view is that Stranraer and Forfar will drop out of contention for the league and Morton with our firepower are likeliest winners although our leaky defence might hinder that and we will have to win games by scoring more than the opposition rather than keeping clean sheets. Brechin have a long unbeaten run but I think they will also falter in the run in. Peterhead also look strong but maybe they have left it too late. 3 games in hand is all very well, but you have to win them.

Airdrie I think will have a say in what happens also in that they are playing reasonably well now and will take points from the top six.

Probably. However, we need to get back into the play-off mix & the only way to do that is to get some form together. If we do secure a play-off place with a run of decent results we'll be in a far different position going into the 2 legged ties than we have been on previous occasions.

Aye I think if we can put together some good results and some good performances and get in to the playoffs we can give ourselves a good chance.

Win our game in hand and win our games v Stranraer, Morton and Forfar and we have every chance of winning it.

Unlikely because our arses typically collapse in the big games, but I'm still optimistic.

If we could actually finish teams off we wouldn't be in this mess.

I'm glad to see there's still a bit of optimism for us. We've been horrendous but we're not so far out of things that a few results in a row wouldn't put us back in the mix. Ayr do have a habit of making us look good though. As USTon says, Morton's firepower should see them home and dry.

I've not given up hope just yet. String a couple more wins together and I'd be borderline excited. Previous form suggests we won't string a couple of wins together.

Win our game in hand and win our games v Stranraer, Morton and Forfar and we have every chance of winning it.

Unlikely because our arses typically collapse in the big games, but I'm still optimistic.

Well Dunfermline winning four straight games against the top sides - who you've failed to challenge during the entire season so far - is certainly, highly "unlikely ", and also lacks any credibility. As is your diagnosis of Dunfermline bottling it in major games, when you've actually shown precious little ability in the first place.

You're not bottling big games; you're just shite.

If we had taken good chances against the top four we would've gotten results. I thought we deserved at least a draw in the home game against morton and the recent away game too. Forfar and Stranraer we deserved more also.

It's a big ask but not impossible, no team has yet pulled away apart from Stranraer for a while. I think the part timers will fall away a little and Morton are the team to beat, maybe taking pressure off us a bit?

It's all down to us though, at least it's still in our hands.

It isn't: Stranraer have a ten point gap and Dunfermline can only make nine points back from direct fixtures and a game in hand.

Of course, as the league has panned out so far, you will actually struggle to pick up three.

If we had taken good chances against the top four we would've gotten results. I thought we deserved at least a draw in the home game against morton and the recent away game too. Forfar and Stranraer we deserved more also.

It's a big ask but not impossible, no team has yet pulled away apart from Stranraer for a while. I think the part timers will fall away a little and Morton are the team to beat, maybe taking pressure off us a bit?

It's all down to us though, at least it's still in our hands.

Make up your mind. You were only just saying that there was no point in making new signings because the coaching team was shite and that the team was shite.

Ah VikingTon getting awfully excited by a team managed by Jim Duffy, that's bound to end in tears.

I'd be content with reaching the playoffs in good form.

That's a realistic expectation and a fail of epic proportions if not achieved.

Archived