Ayr 'nae home wins since last summer' Utd vs Airdrie

Wonder what witty chants the Section "B" have lined up for Paul Shane, we have lost the cutting edge a bit, go for 1-1 yet again.

You appear to have mixed up Paul Slane and Paul McShane, neither of whom play for Ayr United. I therefore wish all the best to the non-existant 'Section B' hordes in their musical endeavours.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More wages being freed up by Airdrie...albeit probably not that much!

http://airdriefc.com/news/2015/02/squad

Disappointed to see Drummond go. When he did get his chance he looked a fairly solid defender with a lot of potential. Can remember the game he pulled up in, where it seemed a fairly innocuous injury. He's never recovered and it's probably better that there's a bit of closure for all concerned.

Proctor I didn't care for, either on his return or his previous spell. Cant say I'm disappointed that he wont be back in a diamond. Hopefully he's a better scout that he was a centre back.

Haggerty, I never really seen much of but wish the lad well.

The main concern in all of this though, is that we seem to be pretty reliant on loanees now with very few players contracted beyond the end of the season. This rebuilding job at the end of each season means we're always going to struggle to have a cohesive unit at the start of the campaign. If we ever want to return to the 'Championship' then we really need a solid spine who we can build around rather than wholesale changes at the start of every season.

BTW - The pitch inspection - realistic chances of being on??

Disappointed to see Drummond go. When he did get his chance he looked a fairly solid defender with a lot of potential. Can remember the game he pulled up in, where it seemed a fairly innocuous injury. He's never recovered and it's probably better that there's a bit of closure for all concerned.

Proctor I didn't care for, either on his return or his previous spell. Cant say I'm disappointed that he wont be back in a diamond. Hopefully he's a better scout that he was a centre back.

Haggerty, I never really seen much of but wish the lad well.

The main concern in all of this though, is that we seem to be pretty reliant on loanees now with very few players contracted beyond the end of the season. This rebuilding job at the end of each season means we're always going to struggle to have a cohesive unit at the start of the campaign. If we ever want to return to the 'Championship' then we really need a solid spine who we can build around rather than wholesale changes at the start of every season.

BTW - The pitch inspection - realistic chances of being on??

This.

Hopefully since it's clear that we'll be spending next season in League 1, we start signing up players now so that we have the basis of a team ready.

Archived