Ayr 'nae home wins since last summer' Utd vs Airdrie

Get the bad news klaxon out for Airdrie fans, there's no Kevin McKinlay to score and assist your goals this time.

Will Ayr record their first win at Somerset since, and I can't believe I'm saying this, the TWENTY-THIRD OF AUGUST 2014?

As the Kaiser Chiefs once said, I predict a riot.

And a loss.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saturday's team was more organised than Marko's, that's not enough to change our fortunes, we'll need to cross our fingers and hope for the best over the next few weeks.

Agreed about Devlin. Ian McCall got a scattering of applause at the Q&A for suggesting Devlin should be moved to a more central position, but to me his main strength is bombing down the wing, taking people on and getting the ball into the box.

We need a system and team selection that allows Donald and Devlin to bomb up the wings, until then it's going to be a slog and a half.

How's about?

Hutton

Murray

Murphy

Neil

Blakeman

Crawford

JP

Devlin

Forrest

Donald

Preston

Agreed about Devlin. Ian McCall got a scattering of applause at the Q&A for suggesting Devlin should be moved to a more central position, but to me his main strength is bombing down the wing, taking people on and getting the ball into the box.

McCall maybe correct about him long term in the right team, at the moment this squad needs to utilise the strengths you've outlined.

I think this will be one of those games which we'll dominate thoroughly yet only win by one goal.

If we manage to hit top form, we should give them an absolute shoeing.

Ayr are pretty fucking dire and we really should be looking at winning against these sort of teams to keep the pressure on the teams above us. They've let their top scorer, McLaughlin, go and the likes of Beattie and Donnelly should hold no fear for our defense. For a full time outfit, they're absolutely embarrassing and McCall has a job on his hands to keep this mob out the bottom tier.

Said it before, I think we're too far off the promotion play off spots now but until the Maths say we cant make it, Bollan should be firing his team up to go out and pump outfits like this.

Would think the big lad from Thistle will start alongside Gasporotto perhaps with Gilfillan in the Fitzpatrick role.

You have eight points more than us, having played a game more, some slight exaggeration here!

Exaggeration? We had an absolutely awful start to the season and have being playing catch up since. We've now got a team on the park who, had they been together from the start, should be in the promotion play off mix.

Ayr though, have picked up very few points outside the first eight or so games and have, for a full time team, performed horribly since.

Between the two sides, I should think we'd be considered the "form" team (despite being held to one too many draws) so it's no real exaggeration to say that we should be looking to win well.

Not been impressed by us at all in the last couple of games, barely created a chance in 2 home games and in both games were fortunate in the end to get a draw. We do look pretty solid at the back though. I'd be very surprised if there was more than a goal in it. We aren't losing many games now, but aren't picking up enough points, 3 out of the last 12 available is pish, especially when 3 of them were at home. Only wins are going to get us anywhere but I feel at times Bollan is a bit too satisfied with drawing games.

Think Ayr can start the survival push here. Happy with the business done this week by McCall and I am pretty confident that the usual grudge fest will result in an Ayr win. Plumping for 3- 1 to Ayr with Preston x 2, Neill for Ayr and a token goal from an ex-Ayr player- Prunty.

Archived