Booth Sacked

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Alessandro

Whilst it is brilliant news, lets just remember the squad he has left us with.

I hope someone can pull some performances out of the 'youth' team.

Find it hard to hold Bomber culpable.

If you're an assistant manager, in any walk of life and any type of job, and a new manger comes in surely you give them your backing? I reckon Bombers hands have effectively been tied.

I hope he gets the gig until the end of the season however the squad we have been left with is very depleted.

Let's not forget Bomber has got to be culpable in all this, so I'm not sure that he is the answer.

I generally tend to agree but I'm not sure how much of an input he was really allowed.

He knows the club, the players will play for him as he's well liked and I'm sure he'd go for a more back to basics approach which we badly need

Guest Alessandro

Who'd have thought that trying to impart a footballing philosophy onto a bunch of League One cloggers would end in failure. I can see Stenny improving if they cut the crap and go more direct.

"Footballing philosophy"

Clearly you have no idea who or what Booth is.

I generally tend to agree but I'm not sure how much of an input he was really allowed.

He knows the club, the players will play for him as he's well liked and I'm sure he'd go for a more back to basics approach which we badly need

Not to mention he done okay last season when in charge. Had the players playing until the final whistle. Picked up several points we shouldn't have.

Excellent news - I jumped up and punched the air when I found out. Scott Booth is a dreadful manager, a terrible coach and a massive shit to boot. It was a rotten appointment and the season has been a disaster so far - whoever comes in will have a job on their hands, as this squad is in some state. It's probably the poorest we've had in the last ten years.

There's a meeting set up between the board and the fans for a week on Monday so we should get the answers we're looking for. Booth was on a two-and-a-half year contract and, if you believe the stories, was on around £35,000 per annum - if that's indeed the case, then God only knows how we're going to pay all that off, especially with our publicised financial troubles.

For the moment at least, it feels good to have the fraud out of our club.

Excellent news - I jumped up and punched the air when I found out. Scott Booth is a dreadful manager, a terrible coach and a massive shit to boot. It was a rotten appointment and the season has been a disaster so far - whoever comes in will have a job on their hands, as this squad is in some state. It's probably the poorest we've had in the last ten years.

There's a meeting set up between the board and the fans for a week on Monday so we should get the answers we're looking for. Booth was on a two-and-a-half year contract and, if you believe the stories, was on around £35,000 per annum - if that's indeed the case, then God only knows how we're going to pay all that off, especially with our publicised financial troubles.

For the moment at least, it feels good to have the fraud out of our club.

Not what your first sentence suggested although you had an inkling by the last :P

Absolutely over the moon at this appointment. Earlier in the week, yon Neilly fooled me into thinking that Harry Cairney had been given the job and very briefly, I was frightened.

Apparently, Mark Wotte encouraged the board to approach Booth. With his contacts at U-17 level, he should be tapped into the best youth prospects in the country. I also hope he's able to work well with our own youngsters - would love to see more of them coming through into the first team (although my vague understanding of the byzantine Forth Valley youth system might muddy things a bit). I think it might be a little too late to salvage something from the season but I'd hope for something more competitive next term.

I wish Booth all the success in the world and hope this is the first step in a fine managerial career. Although knowing Stenhousemuir's luck, he could well be mince.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/209762-new-stenhousemuir-manager/page-3

When Scott Booth first joined up I was delighted and believed we'd signed up "the new Paul Hartley". He'd done pretty well over the last few games of the 2013-14 season and almost took us into the play-offs, but the alarm bells were ringing over the summer when he allowed a core of good players to leave the club and replace them with junk. By the end it was a complete shambles and everyone connected to the club wanted him binned. I can't quite believe it turned out as badly as it did but he simply quite didn't have a clue how to deal with third-tier part-time football.

Archived