Apple: Biggest quarterly profit in history

FlyerTon

I'd like to know how it costs a minimum of £100 more to buy in the UK. Same product, same cost of production, transport costs won't be much different but it sells here for between £540 and £790. US mark-up is 220% UK mark-up is 300%

I'd like to know how it costs a minimum of £100 more to buy in the UK. Same product, same cost of production, transport costs won't be much different but it sells here for between £540 and £790. US mark-up is 220% UK mark-up is 300%

VAT at 20% will be the lion's share I reckon - there's probably an import tax as well.

I don't think I've ever bought an Apple product and the I-Phone I was given at work was a frustrating thing to use compared with the Samsung I had at 'home'

I just don't get the attraction !

Apple have positioned themselves as something other than a mega corp that rips you off. Clever advertising and stupid consumers really.

If you go to libraries or coffee houses you will see loads of people with MacBook Pros staring out the window doing absolutely f**k all. They might as well bought a house brick and saved one and a half grand.

What Apple is great at is selling people the idea that they are creatives, da Vinci's of the 21st century, when actually they are the sort of people who dribble while looking at a pigeon sitting on some guttering on the flats across the street.

The Apple shop in Newcastle has ludicrously long queues whenever they hawk some new piece of overpriced tat. I've seen whole lines of people queued right from outside the shop, along the lengthy corridor to the stairs leading out of the shopping arcade, down the stairs and then outside on to the street. This is at about 8.30am on my way to work before the shop is even open. Are the people at the back really expecting there to be anything left when they get there?

I know it's the Daily Mail but here's an article with two opposing arguments in the Apple debate. And how laughably one-sided it is. The chap points out how Apple are tax-dodging, manipulative robbing b*****ds, whereas the lassie points out their products look nice and usually work well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2930649/Evil-tax-avoiding-behemoth-force-good-ALEX-BRUMMER-SARAH-VINE-ten-reasons-love-hate-Apple-brand.html

Archived