Forfar vs Greenock Morton

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darren Cole was rotten, genuinely bemused at the sheer degree of revisionism already on display.

It's not really revisionism though. Most fans thought very highly of him at first, and thought he got off to an excellent start. His form plunged dramatically before a slight recovery, but he saved his worst performance for last. I think many would agree with that.

You might not agree, but it's not revisionism to suggest that many thought he seemed like a talented but highly flawed centre half in his time with us. I think the views expressed on here reflect views expressed at the time - that isn't revisionism, just a difference of opinion from yourself, which is fair enough.

It's not really revisionism though. Most fans thought very highly of him at first, and thought he got off to an excellent start. His form plunged dramatically before a slight recovery, but he saved his worst performance for last. I think many would agree with that.

You might not agree, but it's not revisionism to suggest that many thought he seemed like a talented but highly flawed centre half in his time with us. I think the views expressed on here reflect views expressed at the time - that isn't revisionism, just a difference of opinion from yourself, which is fair enough.

It is entirely revisionism, given that the request was for a judgement of the player overall, not 'tell us what you wrongly thought when he first signed for you'. Based on his level of performances for the club then there can be only one conclusion; he was dreadful, being by far the poorer of two centre-backs, who weighed in their fair share to an overall shipping of 70 league goals.

It is entirely revisionism, given that the request was for a judgement of the player overall, not 'tell us what you wrongly thought when he first signed for you'. Based on his level of performances for the club then there can be only one conclusion; he was dreadful, being by far the poorer of two centre-backs, who weighed in their fair share to an overall shipping of 70 league goals.

Another conclusion would be that he's a talented centre half but has other problems (lazy, bigheaded, unfit, etc). Such views were expressed at the time and, rightly or wrongly, many are sticking to them.

Another conclusion would be that he's a talented centre half but has other problems (lazy, bigheaded, unfit, etc). Such views were expressed at the time and, rightly or wrongly, many are sticking to them.

I think people forget that Cole was predominantly a right back before coming to Morton. There's no doubt his attitude was all wrong at times but he'd have strolled League 1 if he managed to sort that out.

I think people forget that Cole was predominantly a right back before coming to Morton. There's no doubt his attitude was all wrong at times but he'd have strolled League 1 if he managed to sort that out.

Indeed. There's certainly an argument, as Dunning suggested, that he didn't know his role well enough (or didn't have the aptitude for it).

Good to see that we've dealt with the wastefulness of McCluskey on the left side of our attack, by bringing in the division's top scorer. Another absolutely devastating blow for the hicks and bumpkins' fading title prospects.

Shame really.

tumblr_lnwy9d0X5u1qh2mpqo1_500.gif

The defending for that equaliser is laughable: three players at the back, one centre-back in Crighton in that line, who decides to dive in like a fanny when he obviously needs to keep goal-side and get Lamie back in position. :1eye

Both of Forfar's main chances in the first half involved trying and failing to achieve MacDonald's finish: top quality always shows.

Archived