Squeaky bum time ups and downs ?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Signing Peaso is a massive boost for us, looks far too good for this level and seems to be linking up very well with Caldwell. Duffy needs to be starting Pepper every game though, one of the best players in the team he's no good to anyone on the bench. Hopefully Duffy realised this on Saturday and rectifies it. If Peaso stays fit I think we'll win the league. Crucial time of the season for the part-time teams as well with ha,es getting called off they're going to have to start playing 2 games a week. I'll go for:

Morton

Stranraer

Brechin

Forfar

Dunfermline

Airdrie

Peterhead

Stenhousemuir

Ayr

Stirling

Still think we're a couple of players away from winning the league. But at the moment we have real options up front and that alone could scrape us over the winning line.

I agree with this. Until we figure out a way to fix our defensive record away from home I'm not sure we'll have enough. We're also pinning an awful lot on MacDonald, if he picks up another injury at some point this season we might struggle.

But it seems like no-one's going to run away with the league, so we might just have enough. History might repeat itself with us finishing third behind Brechin and Stranraer.

Having the best strike pairing in the division by a country mile now, rather than having McManus carrying that useless midden Barrowman, has been a major upgrade. If slaphead actually starts Pepper, one of the best midfielders in the division rather than Miller then I think we should be considered favourites.

We have five games until the end of the third quarter, three of which are against the other top four sides, two away from home. If we can improve to get around 12 points from those games then I think we'd emerge comfortable title winners in the end. I don't think we'll do that well though; 7 or 8 points wouldn't be a disaster.

I reckon we'll be alright, maybe even drag ourselves upto 7th if we can get a striker in.

Bottom spot is a tough one, not seen Stirling play this season so not sure what they are like but Stenny were no great shakes at the weekend. So god knows what they'll be like on the road.

Worrying that everyone has us down to win it.

I can see the current top 4 still fighting it out with each other with a week or two to go. If we finish above Brechin, I think we will be champions.

Stirling bottom. Stenny playoffs.

I still reckon Stranraer are favourites, but the signings of MacDonald and Caldwell have massively improved us and given us a real chance of winning this. If MacDonald gets injured we're in trouble though, and the midfield is still a huge concern. Pepper simply has to start every week, we're utterly pedestrian without him and no one else in midfield does enough creatively. Not having a real holding midfielder is also a worry.

Still though, we've gone from looking like we were going to fall out of the playoffs altogether at the start of January to having hope of really pushing for the title at the end of it. It's been a very good window and full credit to Duffy for that. That said, while he's done well to improve the squad he needs to start getting results immediately. For all that people are feeling a bit more optimistic, we still only have three wins in our last eight games and that is piss poor.

Stating the blatantly obvious here, but the next five games are going to be massive and we'll have a much better idea how the season will turn out after that.

Archived