Better Call Saul

The Real Saints

5 hours ago, jmothecat said:

I thought Breaking Bad was up there with some of the best TV I've ever seen.

The last two/three episodes (especially the end scene when Walt and Jesse leave each other for the last time then Walt dying) is the best TV I have ever seen. Nothing will come close IMO.

Edited by IainMorton

5 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

That's 30 episodes of BCS I've watched, and I presume there'll be at least one more season. Could someone tag me when something happens?

I cba even watching the final episode.  The programme seems like a very boring marketing exercise at doing nothing yet getting BB fans excited when they spot a reference in a shop sign or something similar.  Anyone in doubt just needs to read this thread.

BCS was never going to be as good as BB IMO.  Don't get me wrong, it's good.  But I think last weeks episode or the week before had 4 different plots running (Jimmy/Saul, Kim, Nacho and Chuck).  That's too many in a 45 minute show.  It's a bit all over the place.

Really enjoy this show. The people who tend not to like it are those who do running Breaking Bad comparisons. This is a much different show with a very different outlook. The one thing BB got badly wrong was the family; here this is more than rectified.

The scenes with the old people in the last 2 episodes felt like a real turning point for me. This was beyond Slippin' Jimmy and entering full on Saul Goodman mode. The transformation is gradual and excellent.

• 8 months later...

Finished White Collar and thinking about watching this?

I was flicking through Netflix and I come across this, I watched Breaking Bad and tbh I didn’t get the hype everyone else got and for me breaking bad was average at best.

Would I like this?

21 minutes ago, FifeArab said:

Finished White Collar and thinking about watching this?

I was flicking through Netflix and I come across this, I watched Breaking Bad and tbh I didn’t get the hype everyone else got and for me breaking bad was average at best.

Would I like this?

If you think Breaking Bad was average, almost certainly Better Call Saul is not for you.