Dumbarton v Livingston 24-1-15

Our biggest weakness is our defence. They are all too slow, Graham included, and its no surprise that Findlay looks a cut above. The defence has been woeful for eighteen months. Get that sorted first and the rest can follow

not sure if I agree with that, I think that graham, mair (although he's not playing particularly well just now) and taggart are all pretty solid, in a 3-5-2 I think they are exposed due to the lack of pace at the back and cover from midfield and 'wing backs' I think that the weakest link in that whole defence is Linton, we've shipped far too many goals down that left flank this season.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 shots on target from Livi 5 goals. I was thinking as the 5th went in that I couldn't remember Danny having a save to make.

It does highlight wonderfully where our biggest weakness lies.Taking our chances. If we could tempt Scotland in then he'd be absolutely perfect. He may be getting on a bit but you'll struggle to find someone who has scored goals so consistently throughout his career- his only bad patch was playing for Wigan in the English Premier League.

If we don't get (at least) 2 new faces in then things will start to look very, very ominous. Oh and we need to stop this 3-5-2 cum 3-6-1 nonsense.

Anyone know if Scotland is looking to get into coaching? The U20s role combined with playing may well tempt him in.

Before this game you could've posted this on a Livi thread. I have actually said Scotland would be ideal for us as we can't take our chances.

Our team are mental this season, 4-0 Alloa, 5-1 Raith and Dumbarton, in between those results we couldn't hit a barn door from 6 yards. Against Cowden we missed about 6 sitters and a penalty.

We weren't excellent but I did think we were the better team. Certainly at half time I thought we would win the game and didn't see that happening

Even the livi fans agree that in first half we probably had the better if it. We need to look at defensive record?? Goals we lose and possession we lose is far too easy

Yep, apart from the first 6 mins it was all Dumbarton first half, we couldn't retain possession and just lumped it up the pitch to a Dumbarton player. You didn't have any goal threat though despite a few slack passes from our midfielders and defenders gifting chances to your players to run in on our goal.

Our biggest weakness is our defence. They are all too slow, Graham included, and its no surprise that Findlay looks a cut above. The defence has been woeful for eighteen months. Get that sorted first and the rest can follow

It predates even that. Our last promotion was over a league season when our goal difference was zero. It's been negative since. In fact you have to go back to the Championship win in Div 3 to find a positive goal difference.

It predates even that. Our last promotion was over a league season when our goal difference was zero. It's been negative since. In fact you have to go back to the Championship win in Div 3 to find a positive goal difference.

We finished last season with a positive goal difference of one!

Lee mair and linton, bloody hell. Got some sympathy for the youngster findlay, he cant be used to playing with two other centre backs. But again, as seen in an earlier game, one of the 3 cbs challenges for theball and the other two dont adjust. Can it, write 3 at the back off, try the boy findlay at left back and move on.

Lee mair and linton, bloody hell. Got some sympathy for the youngster findlay, he cant be used to playing with two other centre backs. But again, as seen in an earlier game, one of the 3 cbs challenges for theball and the other two dont adjust. Can it, write 3 at the back off, try the boy findlay at left back and move on.

Could always just play a 4 man defence? Findlay is used to playing the left of a centre 2 at the back. With a rb and a lb. It would be the easiest to work with. Would even be tempted to.play Taggart at LB in place of the struggling Linton. DVZ is good enough and is comfortable in a back 4.

Could always just play a 4 man defence? Findlay is used to playing the left of a centre 2 at the back. With a rb and a lb. It would be the easiest to work with. Would even be tempted to.play Taggart at LB in place of the struggling Linton. DVZ is good enough and is comfortable in a back 4.

Aye, sack playing Findlay out of position to accommodate lee mair. Can tell Findlay will be some player let him play where he will be most effective.

Archived