5 year old invoiced for missing a birthday party

My brother got given a made-at-home parking ticket by the new neighbour with a note attached describing how he didn't have a lot of space to reverse out his drive . Thankfully it was a genuine joke but the jury was out on whether he was serious at the time..

He should pay it with a made at home £20 note

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something tells me it wouldn’t be a party worth going to anyway if it was thrown by the kind of soulsucker who would bill you for not showing up.

Something tells me it's not worth going to because it's a party for 5 year olds and I want to get out the game drunk.

Totally OTT, but I can understand the frustration of the mother.

She has organised a party which costs according to the amount of people attending. The invite is accepted, she pays and then the f***ers don't bother showing up. Not that they forgot or the kid was sick, or something vaguely understandable - he was "double booked" and the parents didn't think it worth their while telling the organiser. C***s.

The father then goes to the press with it! FFS.

I suspect the "invoice" was just a point being made (not very well) - the response to which should have been to pick the phone up and apologise. Not run to the papers to get the 5 year old's photie in the press.

This must have been in her budget, so how is she out of pocket?

*still bad form allowing yourself to be double booked*

Booked to spend time wi granny and granda????

Is this seriously the kind of shit parents pull these days?

Is it standard practice for grandparents to need an appointment?

I fucking hate this world!!!

Apparently, yes. I have a FTM on my Facebook who recently moaned that her 8-year old had more social engagements scheduled on his calendar than she did. And whose fault's that, I wonder.

Engage Old Fart Mode:

<Knock, knock, knock>

Hiya Shotgun, you coming out to play?

Nah, I'm about to have my tea. Where are you going?

Down by the canal.

Alright, I'll see you there in a bit.

Social engagement scheduled.

Another issue with this soul-destroying story is that the kid's teacher slipped the invoice into his school bag. Eh? Why the f**k is the teacher getting involved with this shit?

I agree with the general consensus that the non-attendee's parents are rude and inconsiderate (and shite at making up excuses) - but that the party organising mother is a bat-shit crazy wumin. Best to steer well clear of these kind of folk.

So the mother's doing this because she lost money... Bloody hell. If the kids had a good time at the party and didn't burn the place down/whitey everywhere isn't that the main thing? She was putting on a party, not running a business ffs.

Archived