5 year old invoiced for missing a birthday party

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair, it's extremely ignorant to not even let the lady know that their son wouldn't be going, especially considering they booked something for him. A courtesy phone call is surely not too much to ask for?

Should have snipped off the boy's pinkie imo.

It's way over the top.

However you see it a lot these days that people don't turn up. A phone call to the person organising would have been polite. 'Not having contact details' is poor excuse for I didn't try.

Agreed. Even if they had lost the invite with the contact details. I'm sure they could have passed on a message through the school, or even just a note to be passed on to the other child at school. The mother obviously must be a bit NQR to threaten them with the small claims court over it though.

Over the top reaction, but a reflection of the ill mannered and discourteous society we live in these days.

Both sets of parents fathers should be given community service for being have their dicks cut off.

Totally OTT, but I can understand the frustration of the mother.

She has organised a party which costs according to the amount of people attending. The invite is accepted, she pays and then the f***ers don't bother showing up. Not that they forgot or the kid was sick, or something vaguely understandable - he was "double booked" and the parents didn't think it worth their while telling the organiser. C***s.

The father then goes to the press with it! FFS.

I suspect the "invoice" was just a point being made (not very well) - the response to which should have been to pick the phone up and apologise. Not run to the papers to get the 5 year old's photie in the press.

My brother got given a made-at-home parking ticket by the new neighbour with a note attached describing how he didn't have a lot of space to reverse out his drive . Thankfully it was a genuine joke but the jury was out on whether he was serious at the time..

My brother got given a made-at-home parking ticket by the new neighbour with a note attached describing how he didn't have a lot of space to reverse out his drive . Thankfully it was a genuine joke but the jury was out on whether he was serious at the time..

Lucky for the neighbour your brother isn't a Rangers' fan...

Archived