Alloa v Raith

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite Alloas's position it is never an easy place to go (just ask SEVCO) but we have a bit of form at the moment so should fancy our chances, predict us to come out strong in the first half and take a 1-0 lead into the second half. Then start to get nervous and Alloa to come back into the game. 1-0 Raith or 1-1 all depends if Alloa can take advantage of our nerves and if McGurn can pull of a few miracle saves .

How close are the pubs mentioned to the ground as we used to go up the town but werent made very welcome due to us having 2 or 3 kids with us.We used to go to a boozer just off the high street which was great but it was closed down the last time we went up that way.We no go to garvies in kincardine then head into alloa in time for k.o.

How close are the pubs mentioned to the ground as we used to go up the town but werent made very welcome due to us having 2 or 3 kids with us.We used to go to a boozer just off the high street which was great but it was closed down the last time we went up that way.We no go to garvies in kincardine then head into alloa in time for k.o.

All about a five- ten minute walk at the most. The kids will get into The Bobbing John(weatherspoons cheap but no football on tv) and The Old Brewery(like a weatherspoons but football on tv) without a problem. The Station can be a bit funny at times. Think you's will get into the lounge of The Station without a problem but the bar and snug might be a bit different.

Feeling that confident I think I may even have Raith on my coupon ... Am I going mad ?

I did the same. Kiss of death.

Lovely day for the football, however I'm keeping my powder dry for Easter Road next week.

It's a good day for us, all round. We're six points ahead of Dumbarton and six points behind Falkirk, with a game in hand on both. I don't think we'll have to look over our shoulders much more this season. I'll be surprised if we ever really trouble the play-off places, but that's what we can shoot for between now and the end of the season.

The game itself was pretty poor, though. Both teams had a chance cleared off the line, but I don't think either keeper was overly worked across the 90 minutes. Davie McGurn probably had the busier afternoon, Alloa had a lot of set pieces, but I can only think of one real save that he made, and it was a shot that was pretty much right at him. ]

Alloa probably were the better team, over the piece, but they never really managed a proper sustained period of pressure. The Rovers always looked capable of breaking away, particularly through Grant Anderson, without it ever really materialising into much.

Not a classic, by any means, but a good point away from home, and another solid performance from our Perry-less defence.

Sums up our luck right now. Lions share of possession and miss plenty of chances. What's the point of signing a striker and making a statement about hoping for international clearance and leaving him on the bench all game. If he's not match fit then don't include him or give him a run out to get fit. Doyle was below par again this week, I'd give Tiff a run in the team. At least he can cross a ball. Fair play to Raith they play ugly football, can tactically dive & moan and are solid at the back.

PA have Alloa taking 12 shots and only hitting the target with one. Sums up the game quite well, and I'd imagine it goes some way to summing up Alloa's season too.

Pretty much sums up our season play good football get to the final 3rd and don't have much end result.

Archived