Alloa v Raith

Normally I'd be a bit wary about this game with it being at the recs(or indodrill), but we're on a pretty decent run, and starting to look like a football team now so I'm kind of looking forward to this game..

Can we even dare to dream of four in a row?

Hope Callachan or Elliot score this week.. Its hard to believe Callacahn still hasn't scored a senior goal yet. Its coming though, and when it does...teams better watch out.

I'll go with 0-2 to the mighty Raith.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will probably head through to this because I'll be giving the Hibs and The Rangers games a miss. A draw will keep a nice gap over Alloa so that will do me.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cuthbert replaced McGurn. McGurn was a bit shaky yesterday.

I will probably head through to this because I'll be giving the Hibs and The Rangers games a miss. A draw will keep a nice gap over Alloa so that will do me.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cuthbert replaced McGurn. McGurn was a bit shaky yesterday.

It will be the exact same team that started yesterday..as that team won 2-0, it was after he made 2 changes, we then conceded and would have lost 1-0.

Murray doesn't change winning teams.

But I do agree though, McGurn showed signs of Laidlaw at points yesterday. I would still keep in the side though as he's one of the main reasons for our upturn in form with the confidence that he injects into the team.

It will be the exact same team that started yesterday..as that team won 2-0, it was after he made 2 changes, we then conceded and would have lost 1-0.

Murray doesn't change winning teams.

But I do agree though, McGurn showed signs of Laidlaw at points yesterday. I would still keep in the side though as he's one of the main reasons for our upturn in form with the confidence that he injects into the team.

Yeah I wouldn't drop him either but I can't help feeling Murray will get Cuthbert back in the team asap.

His mistake for the goal and then the fumbled cross that led to them missing the open goal yesterday were straight out the Laidlaw scrapbook.

Never an easy game but win here and with Queens and Falkirk playing Hearts and Hibs next week, we could find ourselves right back in the play off race. Unthinkable just a few weeks ago. I need to go lie down

I think it's a stretch to say we're back in the race for fourth. It so happens, with the QotS postponement, that the three part-time teams are the three we play first in the third cycle of fixtures, but even if we win the three of them we'd still be behind, and it's then our turn for a tougher run of games next. It's going to take a pretty impressive run to mount a serious challenge.

It'd be nice though, and I'm not saying I've written it off.

I noticed that Barry Smith and Stevie Crawford were both at the Rovers v Dumbarton game on Saturday.

It would be nice to get a win here. That would be us on 30 points and 17 points clear of Alloa.

you really don't. Lose and you will still be 2 behind us with a game in hand against livi and no sign of us gathering many points.

We've just come off perhaps the hardest run of fixtures in the history of the club and although we put in some excellent performances and got probably two of our greatest results ever, we failed to pick up the points required to get us up the league. We've reached a point now where it's no use to get plaudits for good performances but come out with a draw or narrow defeat. This is also the kind of game where we have let ourselves down this season after playing well against the better teams. If we can't win these ones at home where will the points come from? So I think we do indeed need to win this match

I noticed that Barry Smith and Stevie Crawford were both at the Rovers v Dumbarton game on Saturday.

It would be nice to get a win here. That would be us on 30 points and 17 points clear of Alloa.

I think thirty points will be enough to see anyone safe this season.

We've just come off perhaps the hardest run of fixtures in the history of the club and although we put in some excellent performances and got probably two of our greatest results ever, we failed to pick up the points required to get us up the league. We've reached a point now where it's no use to get plaudits for good performances but come out with a draw or narrow defeat. This is also the kind of game where we have let ourselves down this season after playing well against the better teams. If we can't win these ones at home where will the points come from? So I think we do indeed need to win this match

I wouldn't be surprised to see our players take the foot off the pedal mentally now that we have such a big gap. Plus, Spence is bound to score against us at some point this season.

I am really looking forward to this game (very hopeful I will be able to head to it from the Weeg).

All things aside we are back in the play off hunt IF we win on saturday. To put us in with a chance (assuming we lose to hearts rangers and hibs) we need to beat QoS and Falkirk (home) and Livi (away) which rounds off the third quarter. That is a big ask, but you need hope! And if we get those results I think it will be all to play for in the last quarter. It would be interesting to hear other Rovers fans opinions on this?

After our recent 'streak' we are taking good form and confidence to alloa on sat so am hopeful and for the first time in a while (dangerous) more confident we will win than lose!

I am really looking forward to this game (very hopeful I will be able to head to it from the Weeg).

All things aside we are back in the play off hunt IF we win on saturday. To put us in with a chance (assuming we lose to hearts rangers and hibs) we need to beat QoS and Falkirk (home) and Livi (away) which rounds off the third quarter. That is a big ask, but you need hope! And if we get those results I think it will be all to play for in the last quarter. It would be interesting to hear other Rovers fans opinions on this?

After our recent 'streak' we are taking good form and confidence to alloa on sat so am hopeful and for the first time in a while (dangerous) more confident we will win than lose!

So it's true about the lead in the water :lol:

Sorry, I too have taken a lift from our recent results.

COYR

I'm feeling optimistic, I know we don't score many goals, and with The witch hitting form again, despite his wee shaky spell on Saturday I think we can do well. Hopefully that gets taken onto the games with the big three, as we haven't attempted to compete with them at all.

McGurn wasn't at his best on Saturday admittedly but he still pulled off a fantastic save to win us the three points at the end.

Let's not make him a victim of his own astronomical standards on the very rare occasions when he proves that he is human.

I'm enjoying going to the football again. Even the fraught ending on Saturday was entertaining in its own excruciating way.

Alloa 1-2 Raith

Archived