Queen of the South v Hibernian

Having seen both recently Hibs are far superior, but are notoriously dodgy when you think they should win.

I think there has been a tendency to over-rate Hibs this season. The fact is that at this time they are a mere 3 points ahead of Queens with a game more played. They have had some rave notices recently but I think their progress has been a bit over stated and as BPM says they are not the most reliable outfit. Stubbs has undoubtedly steadied the ship but a distant third in the second tier of Scottish football is hardly inspiring for a club of this stature.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there has been a tendency to over-rate Hibs this season. The fact is that at this time they are a mere 3 points ahead of Queens with a game more played. They have had some rave notices recently but I think their progress has been a bit over stated and as BPM says they are not the most reliable outfit. Stubbs has undoubtedly steadied the ship but a distant third in the second tier of Scottish football is hardly inspiring for a club of this stature.

I haven't seen us getting overrated anywhere tbh, people are pretty quick to point out how bad we are when we lose and how far behind Hearts we are.

I can understand why people have been complimentary about Hibs because when they have played well they have been really impressive. I am really surprised that Hearts are so far ahead at the top but they have ground out results whereas Hibs have tended to fold under pressure (recent game against Falkirk being a good example).

Hibs probably play better football than either Hearts or Rangers but the League Table doesn't lie. That said Hibs will be a tough nut to crack as and when play offs come round assuming that they qualify.

Far superior lol, went to Easter road scored three times and got a good point versus home to a much inferior team than hibs played best part of 30 minutes against ten men didn't score in open play and achieved the same amount of points. We will be lucky to avoid a complete and utter mauling at the hands of Hibscelona.

You will be

I can understand why people have been complimentary about Hibs because when they have played well they have been really impressive. I am really surprised that Hearts are so far ahead at the top but they have ground out results whereas Hibs have tended to fold under pressure (recent game against Falkirk being a good example).

Hibs probably play better football than either Hearts or Rangers but the League Table doesn't lie. That said Hibs will be a tough nut to crack as and when play offs come round assuming that they qualify.

I've read a few times Hearts have "ground out results" I honestly can't think of more than 3/4 games where we haven't been the better team by a mile. Even in those games I wouldn't say we were bettered only matched.

For me there's not much to pick between Hibs and Queens, I'd say Hibs are far better than they were at the start of the season though so I expect them to win this. On the other hand they play better when up against teams that attack them so if queens sit in and hit them on the break they might sneak it.

Is that why we've scored far more goals?

Your statement is just wrong. Hearts are easily the best team in the division and play the best football. Not only that, they've played some of the best football I've witnessed at Palmerston in years, and that includes a few SPL teams.

I expect an improvement this time around, but Hibs have looked woeful in our two previous matches. The Easter Road game could still be getting played now and it would still be nothing each.

Obviously Hibs play better football than The Rangers, but so do Cowdenbeath and Brora, hardly a glowing endorsement.

No-one has been better than Hearts though, and I expect that to remain the case even after we've played Premiership St Johnstone in the cup.

Looking forward to Saturday. Standing behind the goals ths time. Hopeful for an entertaining game between 2 wonderful sides.

You'll certainly have your pick of the terrace. Appears Hibs have only sold 220 tickets for the terrace so far.

Archived