Pollok Vs Cumnock

cumnocklad1912

All I hear on the Cumnock Facebook page is ATN. Lets look at the game today. Scottish cup tie, more like a pre-season friendly. Cumnock went out of the cup without a wimper. Totally gutless. No height or physical presence in the team. Believe me Pollok may have deserved the win but they are not a great team. Two very slow center backs and if Pollok fans are excited about the captain signing an extended deal, well they are easily pleased. Back to Cumnock, all I see is a manager bringing in lower league and pub players that he knows. Fear the worst for Cumnock. Best of luck to Pollok next year in the premier.

Have to agree with the way we played this game out, seemed to be lacking any urgency or eagerness to turn the game. The game itself felt like a middle table end of season match up rather than a Scottish cup tie. We have no presence up front and played a fair percentage of it playing high balls for their centre backs clear time and time again.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I hear on the Cumnock Facebook page is ATN. Lets look at the game today. Scottish cup tie, more like a pre-season friendly. Cumnock went out of the cup without a wimper. Totally gutless. No height or physical presence in the team. Believe me Pollok may have deserved the win but they are not a great team. Two very slow center backs and if Pollok fans are excited about the captain signing an extended deal, well they are easily pleased. Back to Cumnock, all I see is a manager bringing in lower league and pub players that he knows. Fear the worst for Cumnock. Best of luck to Pollok next year in the premier.

We weren't at our best today, but at no point did I feel worried about not winning. You'd be doing well to have players as good as Wild and Gallacher in defence, your number 5 was way out of his depth.

We weren't at our best today, but at no point did I feel worried about not winning. You'd be doing well to have players as good as Wild and Gallacher in defence, your number 5 was way out of his depth.

Your two front players would cause any team in the prem problems but I think Wild would be out of his depth should you get promoted.

i think we all have to remeber that both team have not had a proper game in how many weeks, i know polloks last game was 3rd january, so i think all the he is crap and he is slow is a bit unfair, i do have to say that saying gallacher will not be a grat resigning for ne season is a bit harsh and as someone who has watched pollok all season i have to agree that our back 4 never really had a lot to get excited about, i think the cumnock manager has a job to do in getting the new players to gel quickly but i still feel there good enough to stay up,

Never mind anyone else's captain, ours can't pass the ball ten yards, lost count of the amount of times he had to hold his hand up as a way of apologising yesterday and sadly it's a weekly occurrence.

Dissapointed but the league was always the priority.

Ronald was the only cumnock player that looked decent. Cumnocks forwards were very poor they caused no problems for loks defence at all.

And does anyone no why Williamson was not playing always been a fan of his

Super player, but he's not displaying that at the moment.

Disnae look happy at Cummock, was only on for 15mns, & he was lucky not to get sent off.

Thought Cumnock did ok.

Both teams showed a good level of fitness. Pollok have the makings of a good team, centre half Gallacher, & John Sweeny are tremendous players,

Have to laught that 3 Pollok players have been slagged off on this thread by Cumnock fans. Pollok supporters see these guys every week and know what they offer, where one game which Cumnock lost and suddenly everyone is an expert on Pollok players.

Maybe worry about closer to home otherwise there is a real risk you may pass us when we hopefully secure promotion.

Let's hope this weekend the Sweeney, Wild and Gallacher are just as bad this weekend and Pollok get the same outcome as Saturday

Certain players will need replaced at Pollok surely? Not many but a handful.

Pollok will have funds to do so

I like how you say hopefully get promotion the only way you won't is if your manager get him self and the club in bother and you get deducted 40 points.

Certain players will need replaced at Pollok surely? Not many but a handful if you want to be at the right end of the table.

Pollok will have funds to do so.

I like how you say hopefully get promotion the only way you won't is if your manager get him self and the club in bother and you get deducted 40 points!

Have to laught that 3 Pollok players have been slagged off on this thread by Cumnock fans. Pollok supporters see these guys every week and know what they offer, where one game which Cumnock lost and suddenly everyone is an expert on Pollok players.

Maybe worry about closer to home otherwise there is a real risk you may pass us when we hopefully secure promotion.

Let's hope this weekend the Sweeney, Wild and Gallacher are just as bad this weekend and Pollok get the same outcome as Saturday

Fair play mate on two counts, you see these guys each week and don't think they are as bad as some folk say and also you should stick up for your players no matter what.

However, the feeling about Wild is obviously from

Experience of when he was at Cumnock and was often a car crash waiting to happen

Gallagher, I wont comment on as I didn't see him put under enough pressure to accurately give an opinion

Sweeney , if that's your No 10, was charging about growling and trying to be some kind of tough guy, when really he ended up looking like a tit

On the positive side, Winters is a good un and felt that in the 1st half, Mackenzie put in a good show, but, not so good in 2nd half

Taz was quite effective in 1st half, again not so much in 2nd

No comaints about the result , which was about right, but, neither team covered themselves in glory and , if Pollok can't raise their game from that level and if St Andrews are the stuffy team I have heard they are, then Pollok will be joining us on the sidelines of the 2014/15 Scottish Cup

Best of luck in next round as you were better than us, end off

Fair play mate on two counts, you see these guys each week and don't think they are as bad as some folk say and also you should stick up for your players no matter what.

However, the feeling about Wild is obviously from

Experience of when he was at Cumnock and was often a car crash waiting to happen

Gallagher, I wont comment on as I didn't see him put under enough pressure to accurately give an opinion

Sweeney , if that's your No 10, was charging about growling and trying to be some kind of tough guy, when really he ended up looking like a tit

On the positive side, Winters is a good un and felt that in the 1st half, Mackenzie put in a good show, but, not so good in 2nd half

Taz was quite effective in 1st half, again not so much in 2nd

No comaints about the result , which was about right, but, neither team covered themselves in glory and , if Pollok can't raise their game from that level and if St Andrews are the stuffy team I have heard they are, then Pollok will be joining us on the sidelines of the 2014/15 Scottish Cup

Best of luck in next round as you were better than us, end off

I appreciate both Wild and Gallacher are playing at a lower level just now and Wild has mixed experience at other clubs. However they so far have developed a good partnership. Out of the two I would say that I do think Gallacher could play comfortably at super league level, Wild I think reads a game well but may be caught out over playing it at a higher level.

Sweeney was our no 10 and so far this season has been excellent, on Saturday I thought some of the game passed him by. He opens his mouth too much but his energy and versatility this season has been on of the reasons we have had a strong season in a tough league.

Winters hopefully is with us next season but as far as I know he so far not signed.

St Andrews season looks very similar to us, top of their league (all be it not the top league) and scoring goals, I expect a very tough game and would happily take a reply now.

Good luck for the rest of the season and hopefully you get enough points to stay up and we can be playing each other again next season

Certain players will need replaced at Pollok surely? Not many but a handful.

Pollok will have funds to do so

I like how you say hopefully get promotion the only way you won't is if your manager get him self and the club in bother and you get deducted 40 points.

If we go up - we will need to strengthen if we want to be competitive next season. But I trust the manager knows where he needs to strengthen and will do accordingly.

Certain players will need replaced at Pollok surely? Not many but a handful if you want to be at the right end of the table.

Pollok will have funds to do so.

I like how you say hopefully get promotion the only way you won't is if your manager get him self and the club in bother and you get deducted 40 points!

I reckon we have 14 players out of the current group of guys playing regularly now that are good enough to start for a Mid table Superleague side. Will need to strengthen the squad as a whole and need another top striker, but we have the core of a very good team at the moment.

I know you and McInally have had your differences, but he's been outstanding since he came to Pollok. Open with the fans about what's he's doing, why he signed who and where he wants to take the club. Plenty of passion and a top manager.

We agree on the squad thing. Look forward to my team testing themselves against Pollok later in the season.

As for your manager nothing will ever change my mind of him, a classless twat of the highest order and many i know in the junior game think the same.

We agree on the squad thing. Look forward to my team testing themselves against Pollok later in the season.

As for your manager nothing will ever change my mind of him, a classless twat of the highest order and many i know in the junior game think the same.

Posted without a hint of irony!

Tony just realised he was talking PISH most of the time and took RRG to task! Clearly rattled him at the same time. However,only took a matter of time before he stuck his (you have the resources so you should be winning the league tiring pish) two bobs worth into this thread.

He took me to task? How exactly did he do that? Hmm let's see contact the site owner on here with a lawyer in tow to have me shut up because i called him a rat . Contacting me on social media at the time with ridiculous comments ended up blocking him.

Add to that his antics as a manager, then his carry on with his own supporters at Shotts at adamslie . Add to that at the time silly messages from a 'relative ' of his on here. Forgive me for not holding him in high regard.

Your allowed to love him and be proud of him as your manager, me i would stop supporting the club i have loved for near 30 years if he became involved in my team. That's how horrified i would be with a guy like that in charge of my team and that i don't say lightly.

Archived