Stranraer v Brechin City

Shaping up to be an interesting game between the two form sides in the division. City currently unbeaten in 12 games and Stranraer showing no signs of slowing down in their charge for the title.

We are playing some good stuff at the moment but still very wasteful in front of goal, but as long as we continue to keep it relatively tight at the back we will win more often than not. It would appear McAusland won't be returning as he is speaking to a couple of full time clubs at the moment. This is a bit of a blow with Masson already away back to Aberdeen. Molloy and Fusco are both very able replacements in midfield but won't give us the same creativity going forward as Masson and McAusland, not to mention Masson's delivery from set pieces which will be missed greatly.

Would take a draw right now but certainly not in the same manner as last time at Stair Park where we simply surrendered all three points after being in complete control.

I'm told the bus isn't far off full with around 40 names down so far with the usual few carloads. Very impressive numbers considering the time of year and the length of journey involved.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This one worries me a bit more than the Forfar game, given the current form table, although I didn't think City were that great in our last game up at Glebe Park. The Forfar game was hyped up as the meeting of the top two so I'm concerned that this one flies under the radar a bit.

Still, another great opportunity at home to put a bit if distance between ourselves and another challenger. Was impressed by the strength of our starting eleven AND our bench on Saturday so we are certainly capable of winning this one and Brechin's run - like ours did - has to end sometime!

This one worries me a bit more than the Forfar game, given the current form table, although I didn't think City were that great in our last game up at Glebe Park. The Forfar game was hyped up as the meeting of the top two so I'm concerned that this one flies under the radar a bit.

Still, another great opportunity at home to put a bit if distance between ourselves and another challenger. Was impressed by the strength of our starting eleven AND our bench on Saturday so we are certainly capable of winning this one and Brechin's run - like ours did - has to end sometime!

Could be a draw and both runs continue.

We were, lost one game and kicked it back off again. Should be a good game this Saturday with the both in form teams of the division saying that its also got the making off the most boring game also with each other cancelling each other out. Hopefully it aint. Looking for 2-1 home win

We were, lost one game and kicked it back off again. Should be a good game this Saturday with the both in form teams of the division saying that its also got the making off the most boring game also with each other cancelling each other out. Hopefully it aint. Looking for 2-1 home win

A win streak of one then. Not much of a run really is it?

Forde and McCloskey on loan to Kilbirnie Ladeside, any info on these guys?

Forde has bags of pace and an eye for goal. Puts in a good shift and likes to hassle defenders.

He's been unlucky with the quality of forwards in front of him.

Can't comment on McCloskey. Think he's only had one substitute appearance this season.

Looked ok in the pre season games but not seen enough to give a fair assessment.

According to the BBC Weather smartphone app, the forecast for Stranraer is.....
Tonight: Minimum Temperature 3 degrees C.
Light rain through to about 1am, then light cloud cover.
Tomorrow : Temperature rising to a whopping 4 degrees. Light cloud, with some
sun peeking through occasionally about 2pm onwards.

Windspeed about 16mph.

Archived