Forfar Athletic Best Ever 1-11

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, that explains why I never heard it as we won that league the year previous. ;)

Whyte on the bench? Is that Gary or Sandy?

Gary Whyte he scored a few goals , Ye they won the league 2 years after poaching our manager ha ha, shame we won it sooner with his replacement !!

• 2 weeks later...

how could you miss a player of liddles class

Have just been reading some of these comments by chance. Jim is a close family friend of mine who I have known since I was a kid. I'm sure he'll be delighted to know he is still held in such high regard. He has often talked about his days at Forfar, particularly playing at Ibrox in the League Cup where he scored a penalty in a shoot out.

• 2 years later...
On 1/14/2015 at 21:31, Port Talbot Loons said:

Any idea of how Alex Rae is doing these days?

He's retired now and still living in Kirkcaldy, as he's done for the last forty years.

Usually holds court in Dunnikier Golf Club on a Sunday afternoon during the fitba season. 

Always has a bit of good craic and always speaks fondly of his time with you guys.

Have just been reading some of these comments by chance. Jim is a close family friend of mine who I have known since I was a kid. I'm sure he'll be delighted to know he is still held in such high regard. He has often talked about his days at Forfar, particularly playing at Ibrox in the League Cup where he scored a penalty in a shoot out.

Vaguely remember he had a short spell in Belgium.

Just thinking of the greatest Forfar XI during my time supporting them.
1 - Kennedy
2 - Bennett
3 - McPhee
4 - Brash
5 - Mann
6 - Knox
7 - Farningham
8 - Rae
9 - Clark
10 - Brewster
11 - Bingham
Subs - Kenny McDonald / Alan Morgan / Tosher
What players would other Loons fans would have in their team? What about any current / recent players? Hilson?
Also, does anyone know how Alex Rae is / where he currently resides - one of the main reasons why I began supporting them in the 70's - great man.

No McDonald or Liddle in the first 11 is an outrage.

Brewster up front, you guys wasted his talent in midfield for years.

Absolutely ran the show in midfield (actually walked it would probably be a better turn of phrase hence Heggie dropping him for being too lazy).

Archived