Rules On Running A Gym

BB_Bino

Looking for a bit of advice. I'm a gym instructor.....better not say where.....and our manager informed us today that, even though the gym will be open during a certain time, the Gym Staff will not be required.

Surely this is against some kind of health & safety law, having people working out when there is no qualified gym or fitness staff required.

Does anybody know where I could find any info on this??

Looking for a bit of advice. I'm a gym instructor.....better not say where.....and our manager informed us today that, even though the gym will be open during a certain time, the Gym Staff will not be required.

Surely this is against some kind of health & safety law, having people working out when there is no qualified gym or fitness staff required.

Yes.

The Gym are open 24hrs and it's only the cleaners who are about in the middle of the night. I'm sure they will have checked the legal side of things in this compensation culture before doing that throughout the country.

Gym I go to is open 24/7 and often there are no staff.

eta the OP should tell us where he works so we can turn up team handed.

Have you noticed CCTV camera(s) being installed in your gym?

There's the answer if so.

I'm a member of The Circuit gym in The Mariner Centre in Falkirk, which is where you may in fact work !

They have gym attendants there who mainly spend the vast majority of their time sitting on their arses fannying about with the computer.

There's times I've been there when people have obviously been using machines wrongly, are doing exercises which could cause injury or walk away from machines without wiping then down having sweated all over them and the staff see this happening but do f**k all.

From my experiences and in many cases the majority if gym instructors are lazy fuckers

Attendants they work at the fives are some bunch, we are the last on and they literally chase us out the building.

Toilets locked, all the doors bar one locked at the front. There's five doors for some reason and every week the leave a different one locked or unlocked so it's like the Krypton Factor.

They also feel the need to pump up or totally neglect the footballs so they resemble a dog chewed mess or a shiny yellow cannonball.

Five pound for this shite, I feel like saying that to them but always chicken out as I suppose it's better than nothing.

Other centre is much better because there's a couple who play themselves.

Unleash The Nade - I don't work there but don't live a million miles away from it.

I've heard some real scare stories so this does not surprise me. As for Gyn Staff......hey, it's like every job, some are good and some are bad. What I will say though, if councils continue to pay Minimum Wage for such jobs then they're going to attract people who take no pride in the place or the job they do.

I'm pretty fortunate in that I don't work in that environment however, for someone who, like yourself, has to use the facilities of people who do them I do feel your pain.

Archived