Pars 1-3 Airdrieonians

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Expect Airdrie to win. They always seem to raise their game especially for ourselves and get a result*

Been to every home game so I'll keep that ball rolling but going in with hope rather than expectation. What a sorry state of affairs.

*Can someone explain this? It surely isn't coincidence.

Expect Airdrie to win. They always seem to raise their game especially for ourselves and get a result*

Been to every home game so I'll keep that ball rolling but going in with hope rather than expectation. What a sorry state of affairs.

*Can someone explain this? It surely isn't coincidence.

Pretty easy explanation here; they don't raise their game against us, because they don't have to. I was at both games against them away last season. The first one we cruised to a 0-3 win. This was when we were playing well. The second was 2-0. We were awful. There wasn't much difference in the Airdrie performances in those two games. In the first we were simply too good for them and controlled the game, not letting them in to the game and dominating the midfield. In the second we appeared to have zero confidence and Airdrie were allowed to play, which they took full advantage of. This time it was them who controlled the game and who dominated the midfield, and they easily beat us.

I've seen quite a few Pars fan trot out the laughable bullshit that we are 'the big team in the league now' and that 'teams raise their game against us'. It's simply not true. It's misguided nonsense at best, horrible out of touch arrogantce at worst. Teams don't have to raise their game against us, as results have shown. We had to score a 90th minute equalisee against a team at the bottom of league who played most of the game with 10 men today. Aye, other teams really must think 'shit, better raise our game today against this big, massive, huge team'.

Disappointing lack of meltdowns on the thread for the game vs Peterhead, so hopefully a return to form with a comfortable win to get back on track and just so Dunfermline fans can continue to seethe.

3-2 to Airdrie because of our apparent lack of defensive organization at the minute, with Lister, Prunty and Watt scoring the correct end, with a Buchanan double at the wrong'un.

I've a bad feeling about this one.

We'll almost certainly have Fitzpatrick at CB which, as proven yesterday, is a position he doesn't look comfortable in.

Dunfy really, really need to win this one and should come in fired up after yesterday. If they lose the will almost certainly find themselves in 6th place possibly closer to the relegation play off than the title. Unthinkable, surely, for a full time team with comfortably the biggest budget in the league?

It'd be a big ask to overhaul 5 teams to get to the title.

As delighted as I would be with a win, I think Dunfy will win this comfortably. I'll say 3-0.

Bollan apparently tried to sign another centre - half before yesterday's game but obviously didn't. If we can get someone in before Saturday then I'm fairly confident we can get something from this but if not then that's a real concern.

Two goals lost from set pieces and Martin couldn't handle Lister. Moffat was unlucky with his chances from two inches out, maybe next time he will be luckier. We will definitely still go on a run, even its just around the pitch at Pitrevie but that's ok I'll keep supporting my team because I'm a true fan. Post on COYP.

Two goals lost from set pieces and Martin couldn't handle Lister. Moffat was unlucky with his chances from two inches out, maybe next time he will be luckier. We will definitely still go on a run, even its just around the pitch at Pitrevie but that's ok I'll keep supporting my team because I'm a true fan. Post on COYP.

If you're referring to the 3-1 away defeat, it was Page who couldn't handle him.

Moffat doesn't deserve a start imo. We need new faces in for this game.

If you're referring to the 3-1 away defeat, it was Page who couldn't handle him.

Moffat doesn't deserve a start imo. We need new faces in for this game.

It's a poor attempt of humour and predicting the goals we will lose. I knew even before I read the report on Sat that we would lose set piece goals.

Have argued before about our inability to defend them but somehow people try to deny it, so better to just happy clap our way into oblivion with our heads buried in the sand.

Spot on!

Archived