Raith v Dumbarton

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does a pishfest differ from a shitfest?

For those old enough:

Barbara Mullen used her Janet MacPherson accent to promote Campbell’s Soup on TV, where she declared “The difference is in the thickness”

If it goes ahead need to get a another good result to keep us away from the teams below us. I would go with this but I can guess it'll be the same as the last game:

McGurn

Thomson - Watson - Hill - McKeown

Moon - Callachan

Anderson - Vaughan - Mckay

Stewart

If you have to play McKay (and it appears that we do) how about playing Anderson through the middle?

McGurn

Moon - Callachan

Mckay - Conroy

Anderson

Stewart

If it goes ahead need to get a another good result to keep us away from the teams below us. I would go with this but I can guess it'll be the same as the last game:

McGurn

Moon - Callachan

Stewart

You might see Nade come in for Elliot.

McGurn

Moon - Callachan

Stewart

Nup. The way we play you need Elliot or Nade up front to be effective. Both have played their part in the two away victories.

Nup. The way we play you need Elliot or Nade up front to be effective. Both have played their part in the two away victories.

Aye not been convinced by Nade up top in that style when I've seen him before maybe playing Stewart up top and putting Elliot in behind might be better.

McKay will play if fit, I'd put money on the details of his loan contract dictating as much.

As for the game being on, given the state of the pitch (and the weather since Saturday) it's very much in the balance and will depend on the rain/snow fall over the next 48 hours as the forecast thereafter is dry.

Conroy must play. McKay was ill and lost his place. A good option to have as an impact sub.

Hope the covers were down last night or this one may be in trouble.

Whatever the weather if the Sons wear that black kit (no matter what colour the socks are) it'll be a home win.

Conroy must play. McKay was ill and lost his place. A good option to have as an impact sub.

Hope the covers were down last night or this one may be in trouble.

If the covers weren't down the pitch will be in big trouble between the melting snow and the rain forecast for tomorrow.

We'll certainly not see any change in formation but we might see some changes in the starting line up.

I'm hoping to see Moon come I for Scott.

I think Nade may replace Stewart.

And we might see McKay in for Anderson, which I would be disappointed with TBH.

Full squad for us to choose from but no new signings yet. Youngsters McCallum and Whitefield expected to be in the squad. I'm hoping we'll line up:

Rogers

van Zanten ---- Graham ---- Mair ---- Linton

Turner

Gilhaney ---- Agnew ---- Megginson

Fleming ---- Nish

Wouldn't be against Taggart coming in for Mair, but if Nade is likely to play I'd rather he was up against Graham and Mair than Graham and Taggart. Megginson is more effective than Campbell for me so I'd start him but again if Campbell starts I wouldn't be too bothered. I also wouldn't be against seeing Campbell and Fleming start up top but I think Nish should keep his place.

Different weather sites saying different things.

Some have it being cloudy but dry until Sunday, BBC has intermittent light snow, snow flurries and light rain for 7 hours out of 13 between 4pm today and 5am tomorrow.

As long as it's nothing too heavy it should be fine for the game going ahead, mind you I thought that last week too.

Archived