Raith v Dumbarton

I know what you are saying about the formation and at times in the first half it looked as if the players didnt know where they were meant to be. But that doesn't explain the second half. Same formation and we looked a completely different team. If Nish was injured, which seems likely, I suppose the formation was somewhat forced on us with gils being out too

Agree with this. Folk saying we changed formation in the second half, but we didn't. Megginson was never on the wing yesterday. We just seemed to start attacking like we can. Archie done a lot of running and DVZ was brilliant yesterday. Sadly CT was awful and Fleming wasn't at his best. Another good performance from Aggy, Mitch looks more interested in the free floating role in the middle and young Findlay looked very good. Him and Graham should fit well together I think.

With Nish, I said to someone yesterday that he must have not been feeling right or something. Fair enough not starting but not even to bring him on when we were struggling until we got the goal back? The only sub being a defensive one when we were chasing the game. On to next week. 4-4-2 please.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, it's not the mistake you make, it's how you respond to it that matters. The more experienced the 'keeper the better the response to a mistake.

You'd never know I was a 'keeper and now coach them would you?!

It's nice to know that real 'keepers also use the apostrophe.

Regarding the booing, i must be sitting in a "jesus seat" because i didn't hear one moan or groan until about 65 minutes in when we had yet to move from our own half, I then started to hear the "CHANGE IT MURRAY !!", which to me is justified as being so penned in, it obviously shows we are tiring and therefor struggling to get out and sitting deeper as a result ...

Comments like "BOO BOYS GTF & NEVER COME BACK !!!!" make people just as bad as the boo boys themselves ... We all pay £250+ a year to go to the games and we are entitled to our opinions ... Like I said way back, Murray has lost the crowd, regardless if we win the next 5 on the bounce, 1 defeat and its back to square one, which for me is why he still shouldn't be in this job, it just wont work, however ....

For me, like I've said it before and ill say it again, I'm not happy Murray is still in this job but I'm perfectly happy with the last 5 or 6 games, happy with how our lads and now showing a bit of fight and determination even to defeats to Dumbarton/Hibs, & even more happy with out current "win streak" ... As long as that keeps up I wont be part of the "moaning & groaning" team, but its also important to understand regardless, people don't like Murray and want him gone, end of !

Regarding the booing, i must be sitting in a "jesus seat" because i didn't hear one moan or groan until about 65 minutes in when we had yet to move from our own half, I then started to hear the "CHANGE IT MURRAY !!", which to me is justified as being so penned in, it obviously shows we are tiring and therefor struggling to get out and sitting deeper as a result ...

Comments like "BOO BOYS GTF & NEVER COME BACK !!!!" make people just as bad as the boo boys themselves ... We all pay £250+ a year to go to the games and we are entitled to our opinions ... Like I said way back, Murray has lost the crowd, regardless if we win the next 5 on the bounce, 1 defeat and its back to square one, which for me is why he still shouldn't be in this job, it just wont work, however ....

For me, like I've said it before and ill say it again, I'm not happy Murray is still in this job but I'm perfectly happy with the last 5 or 6 games, happy with how our lads and now showing a bit of fight and determination even to defeats to Dumbarton/Hibs, & even more happy with out current "win streak" ... As long as that keeps up I wont be part of the "moaning & groaning" team, but its also important to understand regardless, people don't like Murray and want him gone, end of !

That's only valid so long as things go wrong, If the current management structure brings results, and we actually progress, then it's only fair that folk get off his back.

Highlights now online here -

and here - http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/matchreports/?id=755

Linton diving in on the wing (why? There's no danger there) before Turner stupidly does the same (again, why? Anderson is running straight into Agnew) to give away the penalty and Linton ball watching as Anderson just waltzes in for a free header 2 yards out. I do like Linton but we can't deny he costs us goals. Frustrating watching those highlights.

....but its also important to understand regardless, people don't like Murray and want him gone, end of !

It's also important to understand that not everyone shares your view. I can't be bothered trawling back through the Rovers' thread but I'd be willing to bet that less than 50 supporters have said they want him out.

Three wins in a row! Been a while since we achieved that... dare we start to look at Falkirk and QOS as catchable?

First half on Saturday we were brilliant. Dumbarton gave us a fair bit of time on the ball but we were knocking it about with confidence and both goals were the result of some real quality and attacking flair.

You could tell at about 55 to 60 minutes however that we were starting to struggle, Dumbarton were well on top and we were making a few unforced errors and giving the ball away in dangerous positions. I didn't think the fans were being particularly negative but it seemed clear we needed a change which would've given us fresh legs and also disrupted Dumbartons momentum.

The first change I agreed with at the time however looking back on it, Scott was doing a lot of the breaking up of play and Moon took a wee while to get up to pace. The change had very little impact on the flow of the game and, if anything, the Dumbarton goal came from an initial shot from a position that Scott had marshalled very effectively in the first half. I thought Murray could've made this sub sooner to be honest... by the time it was made the momentum of the game had significantly shifted towards Dumbarton.

The second sub, (the one where we got the boos!) was a bit baffling. If he wanted to replace Stewart then he should've brought on Vaughan or Mackay. If he wanted to replace Elliot then he should've brought on Nade. At this stage we had lost control of the midfield and with Elliot and Nade on the park we weren't as effective in defending from the front. The pressure in the last 10 minutes was huge and we were very lucky not to end up drawing or worse.

So, huge credit to Murray for how the team was set out at the start and how we played for the frst 55 minutes when we really should've been out of sight. However, improvements required in identifying that changes are required and what these need to be to see the game out.

That's only valid so long as things go wrong, If the current management structure brings results, and we actually progress, then it's only fair that folk get off his back.

Like I stated I'm happy with how things are going as long as the team continues to show this fight & determination so I'm not really one to be able to comment on this ... However i do agree if things start turning for the better and continue to do so its unfair to stay on the mans back ... Unfortunately though for a section of our support a few bad results and it is back to "GTF MURRAY !!!!" & I really don't think this will ever change - Lets not forget how he started, he was almost hailed a messiah for the 11 wins in his first 14 games or whatever it was, compare that to up until last month and it shows how fast fans can turn ...

It's also important to understand that not everyone shares your view. I can't be bothered trawling back through the Rovers' thread but I'd be willing to bet that less than 50 supporters have said they want him out.

Where exactly have I stated ALL fans share this view ? In-fact point to me where I've said this is MY view ? Clearly it appears you never read the whole paragraph as I said I'm not a fan of Murray however I'm happy with this small turn-around job that's been done over the last 3-5 weeks and if it keeps up with the same fight & determination then this is all I ask from any Player/Manager ...

I've stated what to me seems the truth, like I say above there is a section of our support who at the minute would rather Murray fails and we continue to get beat weekly so he can get the boot ... That's unfortunately what follows from 7 wins in 30+ games or whatever his record was coming into this season ... P&B doesn't make up the 1300-1500 fans we have attending our home games so I don't think 1 "Raith Rovers Thread" really justifies your last sentence as a whole !

Linton diving in on the wing (why? There's no danger there) before Turner stupidly does the same (again, why? Anderson is running straight into Agnew) to give away the penalty and Linton ball watching as Anderson just waltzes in for a free header 2 yards out. I do like Linton but we can't deny he costs us goals. Frustrating watching those highlights.

I do like certain aspects of his game but with each passing week even that's fading. His positional sense is woeful and he makes seriously rash decisions at times.

I sound like a broken record here but the amount of goals we concede from down his side is frightening, wingers are more often than not allowed a free cross into the box. He does however need more support from our left winger (usually Mitch) because he's often left exposed. I still feel like he should be doing far better than he currently is, even without the support from midfield.

I'd genuinely stop putting him right up the park for throw ins, we never take advantage of them anyway so all it does is leave him miles out of position with little chance of ever scoring.

Were you expecting all 1200-1500 Rovers fans to be registered on P&B?

Three wins in a row! Been a while since we achieved that... dare we start to look at Falkirk and QOS as catchable?

First half on Saturday we were brilliant. Dumbarton gave us a fair bit of time on the ball but we were knocking it about with confidence and both goals were the result of some real quality and attacking flair.

You could tell at about 55 to 60 minutes however that we were starting to struggle, Dumbarton were well on top and we were making a few unforced errors and giving the ball away in dangerous positions. I didn't think the fans were being particularly negative but it seemed clear we needed a change which would've given us fresh legs and also disrupted Dumbartons momentum.

The first change I agreed with at the time however looking back on it, Scott was doing a lot of the breaking up of play and Moon took a wee while to get up to pace. The change had very little impact on the flow of the game and, if anything, the Dumbarton goal came from an initial shot from a position that Scott had marshalled very effectively in the first half. I thought Murray could've made this sub sooner to be honest... by the time it was made the momentum of the game had significantly shifted towards Dumbarton.

The second sub, (the one where we got the boos!) was a bit baffling. If he wanted to replace Stewart then he should've brought on Vaughan or Mackay. If he wanted to replace Elliot then he should've brought on Nade. At this stage we had lost control of the midfield and with Elliot and Nade on the park we weren't as effective in defending from the front. The pressure in the last 10 minutes was huge and we were very lucky not to end up drawing or worse.

So, huge credit to Murray for how the team was set out at the start and how we played for the frst 55 minutes when we really should've been out of sight. However, improvements required in identifying that changes are required and what these need to be to see the game out.

I think you must be my long lost brother.

50? I didn't think we had that many fans that use this site let alone comment on the threads! Jesus, Murray is hated from all quarters.

Archived