Keep, Rid or Undecided

We have a couple signed up for next season so I will exclude them.

Keep:

Thomson

Brett

Armstrong

Wedderburn

Brownlie

TOB

Marshall

Undecided:

Halsman

Robertson

Punt:

Adamson

Campbell

Higgins

Johnstone

Scullion

Miller

Lynas

Callchan

Kane

Stewart

Higgins (jnr)

Already gone.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep:

Gordon

Marr

Meggatt

Doyle

Simmons

Docherty

Tiffoney

Cawley

McCord

Holmes

Buchanan

Spence

Unsure:

Ashgar

Ferns

Hetherington

McDowall

Release:

Flannigan

Weatherston

I'd be happy to try and get Benedictus from Dundee on loan again or sign him if his contract expires.

I would agree with most of this, however I would keep ferns and unsure Holmes.

We have a couple signed up for next season so I will exclude them.

Keep:

Thomson

Brett

Armstrong

Wedderburn

Brownlie

TOB

Marshall

Undecided:

Halsman

Robertson

Punt:

Adamson

Campbell

Higgins

Johnstone

Scullion

Miller

Lynas

Callchan

Kane

Stewart

Higgins (jnr)

Dean is on of the lads signed for next season. Declan Hughes and Lewis Milne being the other two first team regulars.

Keep:

Jordan McGhee

Adam Eckersley

Miguel Pallardo

Gary Oliver

Rid:

Scott Robinson

Jason Holt

Neither one because of ability, but Robinson isn't fancied and I think it'd be best to move on for the sake of his career and Holt doesn't want to be here so we might as well try and get a fee in January or development fee at the seasons end.

Undecided:

Brad McKay

Brad has done well whenever called upon this season and is young enough to progress, but it depends on his wage and whether we have plans to bring anyone else in.

Keep:

Jordan McGhee

Adam Eckersley

Miguel Pallardo

Gary Oliver

Rid:

Scott Robinson

Jason Holt

Neither one because of ability, but Robinson isn't fancied and I think it'd be best to move on for the sake of his career and Holt doesn't want to be here so we might as well try and get a fee in January or development fee at the seasons end.

Undecided:

Brad McKay

Brad has done well whenever called upon this season and is young enough to progress, but it depends on his wage and whether we have plans to bring anyone else in.

Holt doesn't want to be there? Is that because he's not getting a game? Always thought he's a good player - would certainly take him at Saints.

Holt doesn't want to be there? Is that because he's not getting a game? Always thought he's a good player - would certainly take him at Saints.

Well I think he's happy to be here just now, but it's pretty much widely excepted he wants to go to England. Last year Forest wanted him and his agent, who's an arsehole, has convinced him that's the next step and I don't think Holt was really happy we wouldn't let him go.

He's a cracking wee player but he could do with another year or so here IMO, but his refusal to sign a contract is probably a factor in why he's not playing as regularly as he'd like. Plus our midfield have been excellent this season anyway.

Keep:

Kenny Arthur (the same arrangement as this season would be suitable where he is primarily a coach but is a signed player for emergencies)

Jim Atkinson

Paul Burns

Daniel Carmichael

Andy Dowie

Mark Durnan

Chris Higgins

Kevin Holt

Scott Hooper

Lewis Kidd

Ian McShane

Chris Mitchell

Michael Paton

Gavin Reilly

Iain Russell

Rid:

Kevin Dzierzawksi (not fancied by successive managers, looks out of his depth at this level)

James Fowler (made a promising start to his management career but his days as a player look numbered)

Undecided:

Zander Clark (I'd much prefer us to sign our own GK on a permanent deal. I don't think St Johnstone are likely to release him so it is unlikely to be him. Wouldn't be devastated if he was to rejoin on loan but equally I'm not desperate for us to sign him either.)

Salim Kouider-Aissa (youth player who I've never seen play and has never made the first team squad. Leave that in Fowler's capable hands)

Derek Lyle (I'd love for him to have another season in him but his wage my be better used elsewhere, depends who's available really. By all accounts he is a great character to have around so I wouldn't be against him getting a player/coach role. I've no idea if that is something he is looking to do though, or whether it will fit in with Fowler's new coaching structure when he appoints an assistant.

Stephen McKenna (this season could see the spell of a stalwart rather peter out. He's been out injured long term and has fallen down the pecking order as a result. Also question marks over whether we need a player with his attributes for how we play at present.

Mark Millar (Just signed so can't pass judgement)

Jake Pickard (youth player who I've never seen play and has never made the first team squad. Leave that in Fowler's capable hands)

Patrick Slattery (the fact he has been sent on loan to Queens Park suggests he might be in the longer term plans. Looked promising in the 2nd Division under Allan Johnston, so far not given a chance at this level)

Dean Smith (featured on the bench from time to time, I've not seen enough of him to pass judgement)

Aiden Smith (as above)

I believe our whole squad is out of contract, I think van Zanten is the only one with an option of extending his deal into next year. It's difficult to say who you'd keep/punt at the moment but I'll go for:

Keep

Andy Graham

Scott Linton

David van Zanten

Scott Agnew

Garry Fleming

Mark Gilhaney

Jordan Kirkpatrick

Chris Turner

Mitch Megginson

Punt

Jamie Ewings

Stephen Grindlay

Josh Lumsden

Archie Campbell

Colin Nish

Undecided

Lee Mair

Joe Coleman

Scott Taggart

I'll no doubt be lynched by the Nish brigade here but I think next season will be one too many for the big man. I've left out Mark McLaughlin as he's expected to leave this month but if he's still here I'd like him to go into a coaching role (hopefully taking over from Nish as our youth coach). Still undecided on Taggart and Mair. Taggart started off pretty well but I still don't think he's a centre half. Mair has been fairly solid too so it's maybe a bit harsh but he'll be another year older next year which may force him into coaching/down the divisions. Joe Coleman we haven't seen any of so we won't know what happens there. If he's done well at Kilbirnie then get him in and have him pushing for a place.

you will be lynched, nish, and Campbell can stay, Taggart can do it, as can mair, Joe without doubt has potential. It's a keeper we need, after rogers goes, and couple of fringe player's like Murray's trying to get just now,

you will be lynched, nish, and Campbell can stay, Taggart can do it, as can mair, Joe without doubt has potential. It's a keeper we need, after rogers goes, and couple of fringe player's like Murray's trying to get just now,

Muzz said in the Terrace article that he's already looking to extend Danny's deal beyond the end of the season. So that could sort that issue.

Keep Holt, Reilly, McShane, Durnan, Dowie, Mitchell, Higgins, Atkinson, Hooper, Lyle, Carmichael, Slattery, Aidan Smith, Pickard, Hooper

Bin McKenna, Burns, Kev, Kidd. What are Kidd's attributes? No pace, no bravery, weak in tackles, poor distribution, occasional good cross

Undecided Paton, Clark, Millar

Keep Holt, Reilly, McShane, Durnan, Dowie, Mitchell, Higgins, Atkinson, Hooper, Lyle, Carmichael, Slattery, Aidan Smith, Pickard, Hooper

Bin McKenna, Burns, Kev, Kidd. What are Kidd's attributes? No pace, no bravery, weak in tackles, poor distribution, occasional good cross

Undecided Paton, Clark, Millar

I agree with Kidd, Jack of all trades, not good enough at any.

Would lose McKenna, Paton and burns too as they are far too injury prone and no use in a smallish squad....

I understand you like Nish but what's Campbell done that deserves another deal? He's similar to MacDougall in a lot of ways.

I understand you like Nish but what's Campbell done that deserves another deal? He's similar to MacDougall in a lot of ways.

Similar...except Archie Campbell at least looks like he's interested when brought on. McDougall was talented but frustrating as hell.

Archived