Keep, Rid or Undecided

We have a couple signed up for next season so I will exclude them.

Keep:

Thomson

Brett

Armstrong

Wedderburn

Brownlie

TOB

Marshall

Undecided:

Halsman

Robertson

Punt:

Adamson

Campbell

Higgins

Johnstone

Scullion

Miller

Lynas

Callchan

Kane

Stewart

Higgins (jnr)

Largely agree with this. I'd keep Higgins snr. He works hard and we have shafted him leaving him flying solo. Miller earlier in the season was our best player IMO so I'd keep him too.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Largely agree with this. I'd keep Higgins snr. He works hard and we have shafted him leaving him flying solo. Miller earlier in the season was our best player IMO so I'd keep him too.

Marcus Fraser was easily our best player earlier in the season by a mile, imo. But I would keep both players mentioned as well.

Keep:

Gordon

Marr

Meggatt

Doyle

Simmons

Docherty

Tiffoney

Cawley

McCord

Holmes

Buchanan

Spence

Unsure:

Ashgar

Ferns

Hetherington

McDowall

Release:

Flannigan

Weatherston

I'd be happy to try and get Benedictus from Dundee on loan again or sign him if his contract expires.

McDowall? Really? He's been solid whenever I've seen him this season.

Presumably you've someone else in mind as replacement, considering Gibson hasn't had the best of starts and Mikey Couser as #1 seems a recipe for disaster.

I understand you like Nish but what's Campbell done that deserves another deal? He's similar to MacDougall in a lot of ways.

I think Campbell looks alot more interested than shagger ever did, much quicker, maybe not as skillful with the feet, but he's being played wide when he is primarily a striker, and he did have a serious injury before he came, so maybe he needs pushed up front and given a run to get his confidence back by banging a few goals in, he might be better next year once he knows his knee is stronger

I think Campbell looks alot more interested than shagger ever did, much quicker, maybe not as skillful with the feet, but he's being played wide when he is primarily a striker, and he did have a serious injury before he came, so maybe he needs pushed up front and given a run to get his confidence back by banging a few goals in, he might be better next year once he knows his knee is stronger

Fair enough, I hope he does prove me wrong and shows his worth.

McDowall? Really? He's been solid whenever I've seen him this season.

Presumably you've someone else in mind as replacement, considering Gibson hasn't had the best of starts and Mikey Couser as #1 seems a recipe for disaster.

I think he would do as back up to a more experienced/stronger keeper as I don't see him as a long term number 1 for the club as I don't feel he is good enough. He's still young so might develop into a better keeper.

I'd try and get Darren Hill in at the end of the season. His contract at Hamilton is up and he's been warming the bench for them all season. He's spent the majority of his days at Arbroath so I think it would be worth a shot in offering him a contract.

I think he would do as back up to a more experienced/stronger keeper as I don't see him as a long term number 1 for the club as I don't feel he is good enough. He's still young so might develop into a better keeper.

I'd try and get Darren Hill in at the end of the season. His contract at Hamilton is up and he's been warming the bench for them all season. He's spent the majority of his days at Arbroath so I think it would be worth a shot in offering him a contract.

Darren Hill is not good enough for Alloa. He wasn't even Forfar's number 1 last season.

I think after this season McDowall could come good, he's been pretty solid so far and a little more confidence in himself would help him come leaps and bounds

Keep:

Jordan McGhee

Adam Eckersley

Miguel Pallardo

Gary Oliver

Rid:

Scott Robinson

Jason Holt

Neither one because of ability, but Robinson isn't fancied and I think it'd be best to move on for the sake of his career and Holt doesn't want to be here so we might as well try and get a fee in January or development fee at the seasons end.

Undecided:

Brad McKay

Brad has done well whenever called upon this season and is young enough to progress, but it depends on his wage and whether we have plans to bring anyone else in.

I'd also keep Alexander for another year, providing he wants to, I'd imagine he'd want one last crack at top flight football before he goes into coaching. I'd keep Holt if it was upto me, but he looks increasingly like he'll leave. Robinson I'd be happy to keep, but again he'll probably want first team football next season, I'd release McKay on the basis that he'll be 22 next year, and while a reliable backup at this level, I feel he's struggled in the premiership and that we could sign a better centre back than him. It hurts to say that because I f****** love how much he loves the club, but for him and the club it would probably best for him to move on.

We are in need of a change but theres still some good players in the team, lacking a bit of leadership, that we should be looking to build a team around. Vaughan and Laidlaw are already signed.

Keep:

David Mcgurn

Jason Thomson

Paul Watson

Kevin Moon

Ross Callachan

Grant Anderson

Ryan Conroy

Mark Stewart

Ross Mathews

Liam McCroary

David Bates

Callum Robertson

Rid:

Liam Fox

Martin Scott

Calum Elliot

Rory Mckeown

Barrie McKay (End of Loan but don't think we'll bother getting him back)

Kevin Cuthbert (Good Keeper but no point in wasting a wage if we still have Laidlaw for another year)

Undecided:

Dougie Hill (Reliable and been a good servant but I think we can upgrade, but wouldn't be unhappy to see him back though)

Craig Barr (Not seen him play yet)

Christian Nade (Good at times but not prolific enough)

I'd also keep Alexander for another year, providing he wants to, I'd imagine he'd want one last crack at top flight football before he goes into coaching. I'd keep Holt if it was upto me, but he looks increasingly like he'll leave. Robinson I'd be happy to keep, but again he'll probably want first team football next season, I'd release McKay on the basis that he'll be 22 next year, and while a reliable backup at this level, I feel he's struggled in the premiership and that we could sign a better centre back than him. It hurts to say that because I f****** love how much he loves the club, but for him and the club it would probably best for him to move on.

Actually forgot about Alexander being out of contract, I'd definitely give him another year. He's a stick on to stay tbf, we're his boyhood club, he's playing regularly and he's cutting his teeth in the coaching role as well.

Actually forgot about Alexander being out of contract, I'd definitely give him another year. He's a stick on to stay tbf, we're his boyhood club, he's playing regularly and he's cutting his teeth in the coaching role as well.

Yeah this works out well for him because he's slowly getting into the coaching side of it, after next season I think he'll stay as goalkeeping coach. But it's great that most of our players are on longer contracts. Forgot to mention King aswell, but I think it's pretty obvious every Hearts fan would love to keep him beyond this season.

Keep Holt, Reilly, McShane, Durnan, Dowie, Mitchell, Higgins, Atkinson, Hooper, Lyle, Carmichael, Slattery, Aidan Smith, Pickard, Hooper

Bin McKenna, Burns, Kev, Kidd. What are Kidd's attributes? No pace, no bravery, weak in tackles, poor distribution, occasional good cross

Undecided Paton, Clark, Millar

Unfortunately at least 5 of your keeps won't be here next season.

Yeah this works out well for him because he's slowly getting into the coaching side of it, after next season I think he'll stay as goalkeeping coach. But it's great that most of our players are on longer contracts. Forgot to mention King aswell, but I think it's pretty obvious every Hearts fan would love to keep him beyond this season.

McGhee has signed an extension till summer 2017

Archived