Alloa Vs Rangers

You see that's where you're wrong Monkey, although the small town of Haworth is indeed synonymous with the sisters, they were actually all born in the village of Thornton, some 7 miles away. There is an on going fundraising effort to restore the old bell Chapel there, where Patrick Bronte was a preacher after leaving Rathfriland, Co Down. All donations gratefully received.

I never mentioned their birthplace, just one closely associated with them.

Keep up the research though. It's doing you a power of good.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's infill, helps prevent the grass from flattening and also replicates the ball physics and attributes on a grass pitch. It's also supposed to help cushion players joints and reduce the slippiness of the pitch. 3G pitches need regularly topped up with this stuff.

Cheers Jupe, we'd have probably moaned if they'd done the opposite and used them sparsely.

The failed football hooligan has mentioned auld Ghostie a few times on Off The Ball.

Tbh i like Auld Ghostie. He hates Rangers with a passion and nothing wrong with a bit of passion. I can only imagine how much Rangers humping St Jonhstone hurt him.....seems to be still hurting.

Oh the pain, the pain.... what can I take for the pain... Oh aye, I know what will make it go away..Ah....that's better. For balance I would like to add that I also hate Sellick with the same passion.

post-15122-0-57787100-1420981506_thumb.j

It's infill, helps prevent the grass from flattening and also replicates the ball physics and attributes on a grass pitch. It's also supposed to help cushion players joints and reduce the slippiness of the pitch. 3G pitches need regularly topped up with this stuff.

Exactly. The Rangers players and management comments come across as accusations against Alloa perhaps trying to hamper them whereas the real issue is that they have no understanding, or indeed any intelligence, on the matter. You'd think they would do their homework before jumping the gun, then again it is them.

Alloa used to, and maybe still do, replenish the rubber pellets on their pitch monthly whereas Stenhousemuir used to replenish theirs annually. This was back when both teams had recently installed their 3G. Like I say, I'm not sure on the timescale any club now does their replenishment.

Kenny McDowall slated the state of the artificial surface – and insisted that more black pellets had been added since their last trip there.

“Some of them couldn’t even get it airborne.”

Midfielder Law also savaged the surface and said it’s the worst he has ever played on.

“Thankfully we don’t have to come back here again this season.”

Why get rid of McCoist if Kenny is just looking to continue Ally's hoofball tactics.

Couldn't agree more with Law!

That'll be why we extended our lead over them yesterday then?

It's still the start of the season, right?

Excellent news, hopefully qots take 3rd spot and we manage to stay in 2nd place for the play offs.

Oh the pain, the pain.... what can I take for the pain... Oh aye, I know what will make it go away..Ah....that's better. For balance I would like to add that I also hate Sellick with the same passion.

:lol:

We know you are hurting Ghostie..Say hi to the failed Hooligan the next time you see him. ;)

So the Rangers lose "The pitch is terrible" The Rangers win "We only scored one because of the pitch" lol never happy, I did think the pitch was dark in patches but both teams were playing on the same surface, I thought barring the goal we defended well yesterday and having our shooting boots on we could have won that game quite comfortably we missed 2-3 good chances from memory. Maybe if they actually worked on tactics and make Boyd lose about 3 stone Rangers would actually be able to win a game without using excuses, As others have said that's the 4th time i've seen Rangers against us and the 4th time they've looked terrible.

If only Rangers could have afforded the £150 to train on the pitch beforehand

Rangers have at least 3 of those pitches in our state of the art training facility....The problem is the tactical geniuses who manage our club don't allow the first team players to train on them but then complain when we struggle on that particular surface.

Clipboard get tae f**k!

...but both teams were playing on the same surface...

One of my pet hates in the game is people complaining too much about the pitch. Both teams play on it, both.are experiencing the same conditions, it comes.down to who can deal with it better.

)

GERS last night laid into Alloa’s plastic pitch and accused them of putting extra pellets on it.

The Ibrox side emerged with a 1-0 win to remain 13 points behind Hearts in the Championship table. But it was another difficult afternoon for Gers who secured the victory thanks to Nicky Law’s first-half strike.

Kenny McDowall slated the state of the artificial surface – and insisted that more black pellets had been added since their last trip there.

McDowall said: “I don’t know if they got a new order of pellets for Christmas here but our boys were saying that there seemed to be more on it than last time.

“You could see pellets come up when the players were shooting.

“Some of them couldn’t even get it airborne. I’m not keen on the pitch at all.”

Midfielder Law also savaged the surface and said it’s the worst he has ever played on.

The Englishman said: “This one is definitely the worst. It’s a difficult pitch and I think they chucked an extra load of pellets on it for us.

“I’ll be picking out black balls from all areas of my body when I’m in bed tonight!

“Thankfully we don’t have to come back here again this season.”

Never mind Mr Law, you should be well accustomed to our playing surface when you lot return here next season, if you still exist! :oops

And it looks like Mr McDowall is sizing up to be Ally's clone, or is that clown? With his daftest excuses for his poor performing team, although they were bad enough to win :ph34r:

And if the Sevco players couldn't get the ball airborne (take note Sevco, play football on the deck then, but that would need to change your teams training techniques :D ), surely that's a training issue?

And the team had more time on their hands to notice that there were more black rubber balls on the patch than last time? I thought they were there to play football and not do an audit on the wee rubber balls. A bit like saying when I saw you a month ago, your hair wasn't as long as it is now :eek:

Judging by how often this comes up, I'm getting the impression that the Beeb has never actually managed an error-free highlights package on Scottish football. Ought to be considered a massive embarrassment, but it clearly isn't.

By comparison, I used to watch the English highlights regularly when I lived down south, and I don't remember ever seeing a badge/team name mix-up. Maybe worth getting a few staff members in who actually follow football in Scotland.

Edit: one exception - the FA Cup semi-final (possibly the Hillsborough replay) where Liverpool beat Forest 2-1, and the classified check announced the opposite result.

Archived