Alloa Vs Rangers

Could've been hard to hear from the Clackmannan road end but from where I was in the main stand it was definitely sung by them even the people i was with were commenting on it and how embaressing it was.

We couldn't make out ,much of their songs tbf

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thepundit predicted a Rangers win? Stick on for Alloa now IMO

:) This'll be the game Rangers finally win.

The word "revenge" is being throw around but with the greatest respect failing to win against Alloa is an embarrassment. Therefore "revenge" is not really what this match is all about. A more apt term would be "redemption".

And even so, it's only a mere crumb of redemption as failure to win three times is just, well, it's pathetic. That's not to say Alloa didn't play well. They did, but at the end of the day they are a part time team, they don't train often, they have regular jobs and yet Rangers still struggle against them. It's a disgrace.

:) This'll be the game Rangers finally win.

The word "revenge" is being throw around but with the greatest respect failing to win against Alloa is an embarrassment. Therefore "revenge" is not really what this match is all about. A more apt term would be "redemption".

And even so, it's only a mere crumb of redemption as failure to win three times is just, well, it's pathetic. That's not to say Alloa didn't play well. They did, but at the end of the day they are a part time team, they don't train often, they have regular jobs and yet Rangers still struggle against them. It's a disgrace.

post-52759-14208321379282_thumb.jpg

Early train, meet up with a few pals from Larne, Bangor, Carrick & Newtownards, for a couple of beers in Stirling then on to the game!

For the doubters, our away support is as strong as ever!!

Mon the Gers

I'd take the silverware over staying up, but I'm in the minority about that. You always want your team to do well in the league, but (for me) the ultimate aim is to win trophies, and the Challenge Cup is the biggest trophy that around 50% of the SPFL can realistically hope to achieve. Really not a fan of the English Premiership-style thinking that dictates surviving to leech money off the big clubs is the ultimate aim above all else; that strikes me as a far more grim and desperate existence than living within your means and trying to build the club up. The idea that an extra 4 or 5 cup games will somehow cause league form to go into free-fall is ridiculous anyway.

Here's a slightly different question for the Alloa fans - instead of the Challenge Cup, would you take a miraculous Scottish Cup or League Cup win over survival this season? If the consensus is still No, that would be incredibly depressing.

I'd recommend keeping an eye on the news today, as the wind over here is raging right now. Hopefully it'll have calmed down in a few hours, but if it keeps up then travelling might not be the best idea. Oh, and the most controversial song I've heard from the Rangers fans in three games was Rule Britannia, which is just amusing. I'm always down at the Clackmannan Road end too, however, and I somehow missed the song about the Hibees being gay, so perhaps not the best judge Hoping for a chorus of our song about the Binos today, just to confuse the hell out of the Bears and let everyone know where our priorities lie :P

A while back, didn't someone post a scan of the old Rangers training schedule from just before liquidation? They were basically training like part-timers, just a couple of hours per day with plenty of time off too. If that hasn't changed, it's no wonder they're struggling to outperform teams based on fitness.

Apologies if I'm misremembering that. Not the most reliable of memories :P

A while back, didn't someone post a scan of the old Rangers trainiėng schedule from just before liquidation? They were basically training like part-timers, just a couple of hours per day with plenty of time off too. If that hasn't changed, it's no wonder they're struggling to outperform teams based on fitness.

It would explain Kris Boyd's transformation into the white Armand One.

A while back, didn't someone post a scan of the old Rangers training schedule from just before liquidation? They were basically training like part-timers, just a couple of hours per day with plenty of time off too. If that hasn't changed, it's no wonder they're struggling to outperform teams based on fitness.

Not sure how much of that is true but if a team are playing Saturday - Midweek - Saturday then they probably wont be running themselves into the ground training between games.

I think too much is made of the difference in fitness between Full time and Part time players. It is insulting to the hard work put in by Part time players to be as fit as they possibly can be.

Where Full Time teams should probably benefit is from the time they have to concentrate on opponents and practice set piece routines etc etc. Of course for that they would need tactically astute coaching staff.

FFS, fell asleep in the bath :angry: Not sure if I'd be allowed in for the second half, but a wee look out the window's decided me against trying.

Hurrah for dodgy live feeds :thumsup2

Edit: Rangers should be 4-0 up, and it's all the pitch's fault that they aren't, according to the commentary :wacko:

Edit 2: Rangers 'should be five up easily' after five minutes of Alloa pressure :lol:

Only started watching about half an hour in, but it's looked pretty even. Rangers must have tore us a new one in the first thirty.

Both sides looking quite lead-footed; the pitch looks like it's running quite slow, and the weather won't help.

Archived