Livi v cowdenbeath

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Livi do lack that edge up front. Some nice passing at times but struggle in the final third.

Cowdenbeath really improved 2nd half and the move when Hughes hit the post was marvellous

When we really took the game to Livvy later on, we looked like winning the game. Wish we attacked like that more often. Hughes was so unlucky with his shot. Kudus ran the Livvy defence ragged, but overdid it sometimes. Get Moore from Motherwell and we're in with a chance...

Indeed but I doubt any Cowdenbeath fan can complain about Mensing on Saturday....

I see Burchill is quoted as saying what anyone watching Mensing's og must've been thinking;

“The goals we are giving away are completely and utterly incredible – I’ve never seen anything like it,” boss Mark Burchill bemoaned afterwards.

“The first thing you get taught as a young boy is to never pass the ball back in line with the goals, you pass it to the side of the goals. Secondly, the goalkeeper has come out and he’s not shouted so it has to be sorted out. We seem to be giving incredible goals away.”

Was pretty much the same problem for Mensing and DJ with the og against Sevco, failure to communicate, DJ is needing to start shouting when he's coming out for the ball.

There doesn't seem to be a great deal of communication on the pitch full stop, which is definitely part of the issue. Burchill also needs to work on the timing of his substitutions, giving himself or any of the other lads 10 minutes isn't enough. It wasn't until there was a shout from the crowd during the Hearts game that he sent the subs out for changes later on and how he couldn't see that Keaghan was f*cked on Saturday is beyond me, especially when he jogged over to take the corner late on (before Burchill was on the park).

All that said, the difference under Burchill is night and day compared to McGlynn.

Archived