Strange or unusual food!

SQUARE sausage on a roll with cheese melted on top. Then sprinkle ground black pepper and Worcester sauce onto the cheese, close roll and enjoy.

That's not weird at all.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lorne with cheese is strange and unusual? You've lived a very sheltered life.

There was a burger van at perth college who would do a Lorne egg cheese and black pudding roll for £2 with a can of irn bru for 60p

Halycon days

Tried another Northern (Geordieland mostly) peculiarity last night. Pease Pudding and ham (quorn stuff as I'm a vegetablist) on a sandwich. Standard thing is to put mustard on too but made do with mustard mayo. Oddly nice. A wee bit like mushy peas but also a lentil soup vibe.

Quorn ? I have been in their factory a few times and i would never, ever, ever eat that stuff.

Had a chef's special octopus stew with rice in Lisbon last week, it was probably the best meal I've ever had. The best part was that each of the sucker bits on the tentacles acted like a stew-flavoured mini pasta shell, it was still cooked tender all the way through.

Cuttlefish is also a nice piece of seafood ignored in the UK, especially fried.

Just made a Madras with halloumi.

Had initially planned to use paneer but Morrissons are inept and didn't have it. Seasoned the halloumi with chilli powder, curry powder and some dried onions. Did it under the grill on skewers for 10 mins.

Jar of Pataks which you could say is cheating but added loads of fresh garlic, chillis and peppers. Would say the halloumi is actually better than the paneer. Holds the flavour of the seasoning better.

Had a chef's special octopus stew with rice in Lisbon last week, it was probably the best meal I've ever had. The best part was that each of the sucker bits on the tentacles acted like a stew-flavoured mini pasta shell, it was still cooked tender all the way through.

Cuttlefish is also a nice piece of seafood ignored in the UK, especially fried.

Octopus is great, can be a little tough sometimes but it's a personal favourite as sushi and in it's battered ball form - Takoyaki.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm eating leftover haggis on toast with English mustard. Anyone got a problem with that?

I doubt anyone here will agree that's strange or unusual. In fact most will conclude that's an excellent snack.

Archived