Strange or unusual food!

Used to eat just salad cream on a sandwich, delicious

I used to eat brown sauce on a sandwich.

I still routinely eat salad cream or HP sauce on toast. Also, beetroot and salad cream sandwiches are the bollocks.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheeseburger with macaroni on it. Topped off with bacon and ketchup.

Fantastic hangover cure, side effects may include heart problems

That sounds tremendous!

The burger, not the heart problems.

Noticed that a few places are doing actual macaroni cheese burgers now. It's basically macaroni cheese, pushed into a burger shape, then breadcrumbed and fried. Them popped in a bun with the usual burger stuff. Supposedly pretty good.

French toast you fucking philistine!

Eggy dip dip sounds like something straight out of the Scheme Goblins Cookbook.

Oh, I know it's french toast.

I'm merely commenting that naming tomato ketchup tomatty sauce may well be even worse than calling french toast 'eggy dip dip'.

Eggy fucking dip dip indeed.

In the north of England, they eat slices of fruit cake (with or without icing) with cheese. I've never tried it but I'm assured it's very good.

Tried another Northern (Geordieland mostly) peculiarity last night. Pease Pudding and ham (quorn stuff as I'm a vegetablist) on a sandwich. Standard thing is to put mustard on too but made do with mustard mayo. Oddly nice. A wee bit like mushy peas but also a lentil soup vibe.

I'm merely commenting that naming tomato ketchup tomatty sauce may well be even worse than calling french toast 'eggy dip dip'.

Get it round ye! You stick to your daft Highland way of speaking and I'll stick to ma daft Lowland way of speaking!!

:P

Oh, I know it's french toast.

Eggy fucking dip dip indeed.

have a greeny by way of apology Mr Naitch, completely missed the tomatty bit...

It's more or less Canada's national dish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutine

Probably told this story before, but in Montreal, my dad tried, in his best French, to order poutine.. and instead ordered putain.

Sadly (especially to an adolescent Cardinal), no prostitute was forthcoming. Just a gaggle of giggling French Canadian waitresses. (who sadly didn't even go "haw-he-haw-he-haw".

That sounds tremendous!

The burger, not the heart problems.

Spent all day fantasising about that burger.

I am planning on making it on Saturday night :thumbsup

Archived