Strange or unusual food!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to make up some pretty vile concoctions when I was a starving adolescent. One of my favourite sandwiches used to consist of the following layers:-

Grated cheese

Egg

Tomatty sauce

Ham

Egg

Bacon

Broon sauce

Grated cheese

Cue "Did ye, aye?" But I genuinely had them regularly. More often than not the egg and bacon would be double portions. How it never came shooting out the side of the bread I've no idea. It used to be as tall as a big mac :lol: Fooking delicious somehow though!

That isnt really unusual. Its just a fat c***s bacon and egg sarnie.

When i used to have the munchies i would put every savoury item i could find, as well as every condiment between two slices of bread, never failed to be delicious.

An example:

Butter

Dairylea

Heinz sandwich spread

Ham

Cheese

Corned beef

Salami

Lettuce

Tomato

Onion

Mayo

Ketchup

Brown sauce

Hot sauce

Salt

Pepper

Fucking starving now having typed that.

Mate of mine from work hadn't long moved into a flat from his folks' place, and went through a long phase of three or four times a week making garlic sausage, boiled egg and grated raw onion sandwiches for lunch.

Remember trying one - TBH they were pretty good, but you genuinely could tell when he'd opened his piece box from two offices away.

Mate of mine from work hadn't long moved into a flat from his folks' place, and went through a long phase of three or four times a week making garlic sausage, boiled egg and grated raw onion sandwiches for lunch.

Remember trying one - TBH they were pretty good, but you genuinely could tell when he'd opened his piece box from two offices away.

Aye, sounds like the sort of thing that would reek badly, but actually be pretty tasty.

I don't have any strange combos, but I do really like cold food straight out the fridge. Everyone knows about cold pizza being dece, but I find pretty much anything is nice in that fashion - leftover curry (ideally scooped out the takeaway tray with cold naan bread), noodles, chilli or spag bol (these I usually make into a sandwich).

My favourite is if I make a lasagne. Because it firms up and congeals due to the cold, you can slice off fingers of it and just eat them with your hands.

Chips, cheese, gravy and chilli sauce is the business.

Looks mingin' but oh so tasty. First discovered it when a guy in front of me in the queue said "try it and if you don't like it then I'll buy it for you". What a star. And yes, I've had it sober.

That's making me queasy.

:lol:

It's honestly good.

Also over the holiday period I made my favourite Christmas sandwiches.

I basically put leftover turkey, stuffing, ham, red cabbage, and slices of roast potatoes and carrots into a sandwich (all of these are cold straight out the fridge).

My gravy is made in advance by putting chicken bones in the pressure cooker for 4 hrs to make stock, then adding wine and the turkey juices on the day. As a result the leftovers pretty much turns to jelly in the fridge, so you can spread this on one of your slices of bread. I put butter and cranberry sauce on the other slice.

Ideally you put so much in between the bread that you have to battle for it not to all collapse as you eat it.

I don't have any strange combos, but I do really like cold food straight out the fridge. Everyone knows about cold pizza being dece, but I find pretty much anything is nice in that fashion - leftover curry (ideally scooped out the takeaway tray with cold naan bread), noodles, chilli or spag bol (these I usually make into a sandwich).

My favourite is if I make a lasagne. Because it firms up and congeals due to the cold, you can slice off fingers of it and just eat them with your hands.

I agree its the best, bung it on a roll for full effect.

A cold mince roll is one of the foods of the Gods.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Century_egg

Had in Hong Kong. One of the fucking worst things imaginable. Could taste it for days after.

Also in HK; squid sashimi whereby its cut in front of you alive and they pour rice wine vinegar on the tentacle so its wriggling when you swallow it

ETA: Sorry just read the OP was about combinations & not actually strange food. Misleading title is misleading..

Longpig.

Greenied, as I suspect very few on here will know what that is w/o looking it up.

For myself, Baked tattie with cottage cheeses and mussels. Was a fave of mine from the Tastie Tattie on the Green in Aberdeen after a night on the beer.

Once (again as a student) had cornflakes with Newcastle Brown as I had no milk! Surprisingly tasty, but not recommended on work days!

Archived