Stranraer v Forfar

We have been off the boil for weeks now and after last weekends humping off Brechin dick has been quoted as saying that he needs to freshen things up so expect changes for this one.

If Paterson is off to Dunfermline we could see Dunlop at right back with Baxter at left back and stick Malcolm in centre defence with dods, or introduce travis at right back and switch Baxter to left.

Would not be surprised to see sanny get a start with denholm or kader sitting on the bench .

I will travel in hope but I have not seen us win many times down there .

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to tell how this will go.

Saturday's performance didn't exactly get the pulse racing but, never felt in any danger. Would take the exact same this week.

A fit Willie Gibson will be a big boost. Unsure what the situation with Bell is. Would rather see him than Chris Aitken in the middle this week.

Would imagine Kader will drop out and Templeman will start up front, Chris deserves a run in the team now with others not performing. He surely has to bring in someone to replace the ineffective Smith. Any word on Derek Young's fitness?

I would imagine a left back would be a priority in the window if Paterson is off.

Though not a long term solution Mark Baxter is a far better left back than Paterson in my opinion. As original poster states Malcolm, Dunlop and Travis can then cover centre and right side of defence. A fit Young returning will be a huge boost when it happens but they are taking it slowly with him.

Saturday was the only game we didnt deserve anything from. We've only lost once in the last 6 games so hardly the crisis some are making out.

Some of the performances have been drab and things need to improve if we are to stay up there.

Stranrear lost at home to a pretty poor Stenhousemuir side so hopefully we can get a result.

We have been off the boil for weeks now and after last weekends humping off Brechin dick has been quoted as saying that he needs to freshen things up so expect changes for this one.

If Paterson is off to Dunfermline we could see Dunlop at right back with Baxter at left back and stick Malcolm in centre defence with dods, or introduce travis at right back and switch Baxter to left.

Would not be surprised to see sanny get a start with denholm or kader sitting on the bench .

I will travel in hope but I have not seen us win many times down there .

Please No. Every time its been tried this season (after prodigal Pink's narrow hoofball influence), its failed miserably, team so unbalanced without one or both wingers. Cut them a bit of slack for the occasional slightly off-colour game, these are the guys that take risks and try things that change the game. If Sanny must start (not convinced), Hilson should be benched (just to motivate him back to his dizzy early season heights).

Omar had an off day on Saturday, he has been generally good throughout and at times brilliant. Despite this he does seem to get dropped very quickly whereas Hilson has been off the boil for weeks but always starts. Can't fault either for effort though but one seems to always play. Swankie seems to be losing interest and while I consider him our most talented player he needs a kick up the butt to realign his attitude. Malin has looked great in the last few games he's featured but doesn't start whereas Denholm does but hasn't played as well as we know he can. Change is good when for the right reasons and players need to know that the on form players get games to keep them competitive within the team as well as against the opposition.

I appreciate that some don't favour Sanny starting but he brought a dimension to the team on Saturday that was lacking, sure it didn't pay off but may have if the changes were made earlier. We have plenty quality on the park and no end of it on the bench too which should pay off if utilised right rather than what appears to be favoured players..... Just saying.

I'll take a point from this game right now.....

Omar had an off day on Saturday, he has been generally good throughout and at times brilliant. Despite this he does seem to get dropped very quickly whereas Hilson has been off the boil for weeks but always starts. Can't fault either for effort though but one seems to always play. Swankie seems to be losing interest and while I consider him our most talented player he needs a kick up the butt to realign his attitude. Malin has looked great in the last few games he's featured but doesn't start whereas Denholm does but hasn't played as well as we know he can. Change is good when for the right reasons and players need to know that the on form players get games to keep them competitive within the team as well as against the opposition.

I appreciate that some don't favour Sanny starting but he brought a dimension to the team on Saturday that was lacking, sure it didn't pay off but may have if the changes were made earlier. We have plenty quality on the park and no end of it on the bench too which should pay off if utilised right rather than what appears to be favoured players..... Just saying.

I'll take a point from this game right now.....

The good thing is dick said after saturdays match that he has maybe been too loyal to some players . Could be a big shake up this weekend

Would be harsh to drop Kader just because of Saturday, as mentioned Hilson, Denholm and Swankie have been as much off the boil. To my mind we need to get more solid in the middle, the two wingers is great when on form but when we're not the midfield gets over run.

Smith has been a disappointment. Malin has looked great in every sub appearance. Kader can't be dropped for one bad game, not when he's been so good previously.

I'd go for this:

Douglas; Dunlop, Dods, Travis, Baxter; Malin, Husband; Denholm, Swankie, Kader; Templeman.

Hilson off the bench isn't a bad change to be making, and Sanny should be able to bring the other three into the game well. There's not been much shape with Hilson and Swankie together recently, that's one thing you'll get with Templeman. The sooner Young is back the better though.

Agree with the last 2 posts, the wide players and strikers are attacking players, sometimes things all come off for them and sometimes they dont and have off days. I certainly wouldnt be hanging Hilson, Swankie or Omar out to dry after a couple of disapointing performances. Omar i feel will be the fall guy, to be fair i counted on 4 occasions he was one on one with the full back on Saturday and he either miss controlled the ball or was dispossesed easily.

The middle is the real issue, hopefully Young is fit for Saturday and goes right back in next to Husband.

Is that this season? When did Stranraer get seats put in that shed?

That was in November last year. The new seats were put in earlier on this season as the benches no longer counted as part of the official capacity of the ground.

That was in November last year. The new seats were put in earlier on this season as the benches no longer counted as part of the official capacity of the ground.

I see, wondered that because they weren't in there the first game of the season. Looks much better

Archived