Airdrieonians vs Peterhead

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit of a concern that Gasparotto is away for the rest of the month. Will Proctor be back? If not then I'd imagine Fitzpatrick would move to centre - half which isn't ideal.

Still think/hope we can get a win in this game though.

2 - 1 Airdrie.

Bit of a concern that Gasparotto is away for the rest of the month. Will Proctor be back? If not then I'd imagine Fitzpatrick would move to centre - half which isn't ideal.

Still think/hope we can get a win in this game though.

2 - 1 Airdrie.

I doubt Proctor will ever wear the Diamond again, never mind this weekend. I think his injury is pretty bad and I could see the club terminating his contract before long.

We really need to keep the momentum going this Saturday and build further on what have been performances ranging from solid to excellent since we drew up at Brechin.

The manager will have known that Luca was going for a while so I'd imagine he has some sort of backup plan! We'd get away with Fitzpatrick & Richards-Everton this week but after that we'll definitely need someone else in as Ben's loan will be up.

Fancy us to get 3 points here, 3-1 Airdrie.

I can tell this games caught the public imagination!!!!! I'm looking forward to it, interesting how we cope without Luca - may be in trouble if we don't get a proper centre half in to go alongside BRE. Fitzpatrick's doing not a bad job in centre mid but wouldn't like to see him go back to centre half.

3-1 Peterhead, Stevenson. Surprising. We haven't had a man sent off yet though..............yet.

Cox was lucky not to be sent off. Subbed before it happened.

Today showed how much we rely on playing our usual settled team. We need another centre - half as Fitzpatrick can't play there and it also takes him out of the midfield. We saw the affect those changes had on the team today but Bollan is aware of this and I'm sure will be working hard to bring one or two in.

I actually didn't we think we played too badly though granted we weren't great. If we'd taken our chances we could be talking about a different result but ultimately we didn't and therefore Peterhead deserved to win.

Better team lost today IMO. Peterhead were very average with the exception of their keeper and Stevo. BRE managed to keep McAllister in his back pocket most of the game which was pleasing.

At the end of the day it was a freak own goal and an outstanding free kick that separated the teams in the end.

How many chances did we miss? Could have scored another 3-4 if we had managed to put away any of the chances we created.

Also, how have Peterhead finished that match with 11 men. Their No.2 consistently pulled at and fouled our wingers after receiving his first yellow and then Cox's blatant elbow with about 25 mins to go was right on front of the linesmen. Crazy stuff. Every time I've seen Peterhead this season they've been a really dirty niggling team without really being punished for it.

Overall, we played okay today without being able to convert our chances. Fair play to Peterhead for grinding out the result. Puts them 3 pts clear of us now.

Also, how have Peterhead finished that match with 11 men. Their No.2 consistently pulled at and fouled our wingers after receiving his first yellow and then Cox's blatant elbow with about 25 mins to go was right on front of the linesmen. Crazy stuff. Every time I've seen Peterhead this season they've been a really dirty niggling team without really being punished for it.

Are you kidding? We must have the worst discipline record in the league. Pity as we don't need to play like that.

Better team lost today IMO. Peterhead were very average with the exception of their keeper and Stevo. BRE managed to keep McAllister in his back pocket most of the game which was pleasing.

At the end of the day it was a freak own goal and an outstanding free kick that separated the teams in the end.

It was BRE's sliced clearance which led to the corner for the 2nd goal and his foul on Mcallister led to stevensons stunning goal. If he could only cut out the bomb scare moments

Archived