Airdrieonians vs Peterhead

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better team lost today IMO. Peterhead were very average with the exception of their keeper and Stevo. BRE managed to keep McAllister in his back pocket most of the game which was pleasing.

At the end of the day it was a freak own goal and an outstanding free kick that separated the teams in the end.

It was BRE's sliced clearance which led to the corner for the 2nd goal and his foul on Mcallister led to stevensons stunning goal. If he could only cut out the bomb scare moments

1) What does slicing a clearance have to do with having a player in your back pocket?

2) While I agree he is capable of a few bomb scare moments, I wouldn't consider giving a free kick 30 yards from goal that.

What the...?

BRE had an absolute howler yesterday.McAllister looked pretty dangerous every time he had the ball.

Thought we lost the game in midfield yesterday. We had more possession but far too many times we couldn't make 10 yard passes. We'll just have to put that down to an off day.

I think we've lost the opportunity to make the promotion play offs now. Too many teams ahead of us.

While he didn't have his best game in a diamond I would hardly describe him as having a "howler".

McAllister is a player that should be playing at a higher level, so yes he does tend to look dangerous when he has the ball - his scoring record suggests this. However I can't remember his having an serious opportunities to score. Admittedly he did provided the assist for the first goal (although I was late in so missed missed this).

I would disagree with your point re the promotion play offs. Think last season showed that all it takes is stringing a few results together to go on a real run and pick up points while other teams at this level always have the capability to fade dramatically. Especially the teams who have a build up of games over winter and are playing midweek games towards the end of the season.

Happy to eat my words if either of you could point to a game against us this season where your lot have been reduced to 10 men?

If this was what you were eluding to in your original post, then it wasn't clear. Red cards are not the only method of punishment. Fouls and cautions are part of the game as well and in this respect I would say we are being punished

While he didn't have his best game in a diamond I would hardly describe him as having a "howler".

McAllister is a player that should be playing at a higher level, so yes he does tend to look dangerous when he has the ball - his scoring record suggests this. However I can't remember his having an serious opportunities to score. Admittedly he did provided the assist for the first goal (although I was late in so missed missed this).

I would disagree with your point re the promotion play offs. Think last season showed that all it takes is stringing a few results together to go on a real run and pick up points while other teams at this level always have the capability to fade dramatically. Especially the teams who have a build up of games over winter and are playing midweek games towards the end of the season.

Well you're the only Airdrie fan on this thread who thinks he had McAllister in his back pocket and that his performance was "pleasing". His aerial prowess was non-existent, his positioning was suspect and his distribution was poor at best. Simply because McAllister didn't score and should be playing at a higher level doesn't mean he had no impact on the game, as you've identified.

Given we've lost three goals, I think it's difficult to justify any defenders performance being described as "pleasing". You're very much on your own here.

As for the play off's; while we're not mathematically out of it, I think the teams above us are, for the most part, stronger sides than we are. We'll be looking for a new centre half and unless he settles quick, we've got bomb scares like the weekend to look forward to.

I think overhauling three of Dunfermline, Forfar, Peterhead and Brechin seems improbable.

Sorry but for you to say he didn't have howler is shocking! He was easily our worst player on Saturday, how someone who is 6ft 2 can't win a single ball in the air against a player who is 5ft 6 is incredible, not to mention his positional sense was non existent!

Archived