Can Alloa fans remember James Baird

Put on my old laptop and found an old Football manager game from 2007. Got me thinking I remember always signing a young goalkeeper from Superstar Rangers called James Baird. Had a wee look on wikipedia and seems he played 80 games for Alloa before going all over the world to play.

Just wondered if any guys remember him and if he was any good.

The lad did exist however and was listed in their squad in the old Scottish Football League Reviews for 1999-00 and 2000-01 when he was 17/18. I have no record of him playing anywhere after that though.

I remember seeing his name in the youth squads at the time although he never made the first team.

Seems he did indeed go around the world though and is now president of the West Indies Football Association, after forming it himself http://www.wifa.ca/bairds-blog.php

There is some talk amongst Alloa fans of the need for a new keeper, perhaps we should get in touch with the Holy Goalie and bring him home for an emotional (8)1st appearance for the Wasps.

I still play FM07. I used to sign James Baird for every lower league team I went.

He might come in as good back up for my Livingston team, although with Tom Heaton goals, the only way is up, although a recent 8-0 defeat at Ibrox was a minor set back.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived