Glens v Nock

Bul21402

Thought that Cumnock were by far the better team today, although Ally Semple was my MOM, for a few really world class (and I Do mean , world class saves) thought that Glens lacked a cutting edge up front and a few players on both sides could count thselves lucky to still be on the field at the end of the game

Darren McGill should have been sent off , or at least yellow carded for his deliberate kick at Owen Ronald in the second half. The ref couldn't say he didn't see it as he was standing right in front if me with a direct line of sight of the incident

Absolutely shocking

Best team over 90 minutes got the points as being top dogs for 10 minutes out of 96, 97 98 or however many minutes the walloper in the black decided to play, doesn't make them the fest team

Away the Nock

Thought that Cumnock were by far the better team today, although Ally Semple was my MOM, for a few really world class (and I Do mean , world class saves) thought that Glens lacked a cutting edge up front and a few players on both sides could count thselves lucky to still be on the field at the end of the game

Darren McGill should have been sent off , or at least yellow carded for his deliberate kick at Owen Ronald in the second half. The ref couldn't say he didn't see it as he was standing right in front if me with a direct line of sight of the incident

Absolutely shocking

Best team over 90 minutes got the points as being top dogs for 10 minutes out of 96, 97 98 or however many minutes the walloper in the black decided to play, doesn't make them the fest team

Away the Nock

Was Ryan Nisbet running the show again? Seen he was MoM last week.

Ally Semple made some top drawer saves, however Robert Love was absolutely magnificent yesterday. He played a major part in all three goals and never stopped running all game. He even managed to make some important challenges in defensive areas.

I see and hear some rumours regarding his future and I for one hope Lovey will be a mainstay of this team for seasons to come. Hopefully the manager can recruit the right people to support him as we really need to find him an attacking partner to see him at his very best.

Well done Lovey!

Let's not get carried away lads.

1st half both sides poor, one Glens chance well saved by Semple, One Nock chance, failure to clear lets Love shoot & the rebound hits our defender for an OG. 1-0.

2nd half, Cumnock, 3 chances created & get 2 goals. That ratio won't happen every week.

Semple had a number of great saves & was the difference that got Nock over the line.

Connolly should have buried late chance for 3-3.

Our worst performance of the season, but if we'd turned up 10min earlier would still have won.

Wouldn't argue if it had been a draw, we were poor, still the best side but you need to take your chances.

Weak Referee, same guy who gave nock the late pen in last seasons 1/4 final.

Bottled out of a red this time for Crawford's challenge.

Incidentally did Glens win 2-0 at Townhead recently? Did that happen?

Nobody from Cumnock created a thread on that one.

Considering our position in the league I would happily swap pleasing on the eye free flowing football for RESULTS.

We had three subs (an unfit McKnight and two teenage trialists). The two trialists both came on in the second half.

We also started with two teenage loanees.

To say we were down to the bare bones would be an understatement.

I think we should be allowed to bask in the glory of this victory considering that the Glens ran out comfortable winners against us recently.

Considering our position in the league I would happily swap pleasing on the eye free flowing football for RESULTS.

We had three subs (an unfit McKnight and two teenage trialists). The two trialists both came on in the second half.

We also started with two teenage loanees.

To say we were down to the bare bones would be an understatement.

I think we should be allowed to bask in the glory of this victory considering that the Glens ran out comfortable winners against us recently.

The most sensible Cumnock post here!

Reckon the those players deserve a starting place again next week, could see an improvement in your teams work rate that wasn't there under McLuckie.

Why would someone create a thread if there team lost ?

Once again its blinkers all round on both sides

My take on the game was glens were running Cumnock ragged for first 20 minutes and the last 10 minutes apart from that Cumnock were the better team as for all the tackles on both sides get a grip as glens certainly gave as good as they got

The most sensible Cumnock post here!

Reckon the those players deserve a starting place again next week, could see an improvement in your teams work rate that wasn't there under McLuckie.

Your right far better manager altogether John is doing a great job at Cumnock along with his assistants

Read the comment regarding the "tackle" by Crawford and the red supposedly bottling out of a red card.

Obviously I wasn't at the side of the park where that incident took place so I'm not in the best place to comment on how bad it was

However, another two incidents that happened which I was able to see clearly involving McGill in the 1st half and Orsi (?) in the 2nd and both of them should have been straight red's

McGill deliberately kicked Owen Ronald right in front of the ref , no attempt to play the ball, just a petulant kick because the boy Ronald tackled him and took the ball of him.

The Orsi incident I also saw as I had moved round to just in front of the pavilion and the guy went into a tackle with Love and then straight legged right into Love's groin, again no action by ref.

If the Crawford incident was a red card offence, and I cannot say 100% as I was over other side of pitch, then both of the incidents I mentioned were also worthy of a red card

Archived