why in the papers were hurlford quoted as team of year

porky pie

God knows why they where chosen . Thry only won the biggest trophy in the scottish junior gsme

That's far to a simplistic view to take, you need to look into it deeper than that.

Talbot won 16 games out of 22 in a league where every league game is a challenge. They won the west beating three premier league teams on the way and the super first title winners. Fantastic achievements in winning both against the top opposition in this grade over a whole season.

Take your blinkers off, I am not belittling hurlford achievement in winning the Scottish far from it they are a top side but to state facts you beat a lower league north side, two lower league central sides, a lower league east region side in quarters, a side who got relegated from east premier, and got a bye in the first round. Granted you beat meadow in semis and glens in final but it's not as if you even had the toughest of runs.

Cause it was the Daily Record. They don't give a **** about junior football so they picked the junior Cup winners as the easy option

and no other paper does a junior team of the year and every one thinks it should be their team but not the ones who won the biggest competition. if its not their team its a fix,should have been us,they got an easy ride,they spent money. but it don't matter still Scottish cup champions 2013/2014

and no other paper does a junior team of the year and every one thinks it should be their team but not the ones who won the biggest competition. if its not their team its a fix,should have been us,they got an easy ride,they spent money. but it don't matter still Scottish cup champions 2013/2014

WINNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Champions win leagues!

Credit where credit is due RRG. A couple of very good posts, and spot on as well. Why is it whenever you post something there's always somebody ready to knock you down and have a go. To be fair you do talk a bit of pish sometimes but your view on this occasion seems to be balanced and fair. Plus why whenever anyone says anything even slightly negative about Hurlford why are they always referred to as "jealous"?

Plus why whenever anyone says anything even slightly negative about Hurlford why are they always referred to as "jealous"?

You should know by now my tongue in cheek with most things on here, Go post anything negative about another club and i'm sure you'll rightly be met with a reaction by their supporters. Such is the joys of having differing opinions in a public forum :) what is it they say? that the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about? So it's all good imo

The reporter who 'knows nothing and took the easy option' is a good friend of mine and has done this round up for a few years now. It was previously in a free paper from the group who own the record, last year had Talbot team of the year and the Largs won play off the game of the year.

To say he doesn't know anything about junior football is rather amusing to me and will be to others that know him.

He does a lot both professionally and personally to promote our grade and I know his usual weekly colum on the juniors is done in how own time.

Hurlford irrespective of what they spent got into the top league for the first time and won the Scottish for the first time, fair enough for me!

It's easy to slate teams with money winning things but how many from east and west have invested as much or more and won nowt?

Junior football getting a half page in the Record and we complain?

The reporter who 'knows nothing and took the easy option' is a good friend of mine and has done this round up for a few years now. It was previously in a free paper from the group who own the record, last year had Talbot team of the year and the Largs won play off the game of the year.

To say he doesn't know anything about junior football is rather amusing to me and will be to others that know him.

He does a lot both professionally and personally to promote our grade and I know his usual weekly colum on the juniors is done in how own time.

Hurlford irrespective of what they spent got into the top league for the first time and won the Scottish for the first time, fair enough for me!

It's easy to slate teams with money winning things but how many from east and west have invested as much or more and won nowt?

Junior football getting a half page in the Record and we complain?

Half a page a week. Big whoop. I stand by my comments, the record doesn't give a **** about Junior football

Archived