Fitness Band

Romeo

Right troops, the wife wants one of those fitness band type things that work with her I-phone 6. I know very little about these and can't be bothered doing the research.

Does anyone use or would you recommend a particular type? What do they do? should I just tell her to get knotted.

It would help if they didn't cost a million pounds.

Ta

Boot her in the pie for having an i-phone in the first place, then boot her in the pie again for needing a special wristband that she can publish to the world her exercise routines.

Right 2 boots in the pie it is.

Would still be interested to see if anyone has any real world experience of using one.

But I will boot her in the pie.

Right troops, the wife wants one of those fitness band type things that work with her I-phone 6. I know very little about these and can't be bothered doing the research.

Does anyone use or would you recommend a particular type? What do they do? should I just tell her to get knotted.

It would help if they didn't cost a million pounds.

Ta

Do you not have any mirrors in the house?

Your input is appreciated all the same.

I've got a thing called a " FitBit Zip "

It's a wee gizmo you put in your pocket. It counts your steps and estimates how many calories you've burned. You have to input your age, weight height etc. It then transmits this to an app on phone or I pad or desktop.

It works pretty well but I think the bands are a bit more sophisticated.

Seriously then, call her bluff and get her a Garmin Forerunner and see if she is willing to plod the miles up instead of pretending to get fit from some inaccurate rubber band. She doesn't even need her fashion statement mobile phone for it to work.

Archived