Hibs offer Ched Evans a contract

~~~

It sounds the victim hasn't had much of a life since this all happened so any sympathy I have in this sorry affair is for her and her family.

Don't tell Dee Man, he thinks she was a "daft wee lassie" who in the end was in it for the money.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't tell Dee Man, he thinks she was a "daft wee lassie" who in the end was in it for the money.

She couldn't even get her Christmas gifts off her dad :(

Was the girl staying at the hotel?

If not why was she there?

If she was drunk enough to get taken to a hotel without intending too you'd have thought a member of the public or hotel staff would have stepped in.

Was the girl staying at the hotel?

If not why was she there?

If she was drunk enough to get taken to a hotel without intending too you'd have thought a member of the public or hotel staff would have stepped in.

That's probably why the guy who took her there wasn't convicted in all probability.

His mate turning up in the middle of them shagging then deciding to have a shot...not so much?

Not many people would put themselves in the position of turning up at a hotel to have a threesome with a drunk female they'd never met before on the basis of a text from a mate, unless, of course, they were an opportunistic scumbag. That not many opportunistic scumbags would acknowledge their guilt in those circumstances is hardly surprising.

Once again, an opportunistic scumbag he may be, but that is not a crime.

Enrico, you consistently made a c**t of yourself in the last thread and you're doing it again. I'm afraid you're attributing someone else's words to me, you silly billy.

Enrico, you consistently made a c**t of yourself in the last thread and you're doing it again. I'm afraid you're attributing someone else's words to me, you silly billy.

So you didn't say?

It's just my theory and I might be miles out but I think she's just after the cash.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/181623-ched-evans/page-24

Ok, I'll try to be very specific as vagueness is a bit rubbish.

In a nutshell, I think she was up for it at the time but was mortified when she woke up alone in her pish-stained bed in the morning.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/181623-ched-evans/page-22

Are you aware of her alleged deleted Facebook messages and tweets about offering to take her friends on holiday and buy matching Mini Coopers when she "won big"? Or the fact that she didn't have any sexual injuries on her?

I won't be changing my views on the incident irrespective of the outcome of the hearing although you and a few others will have to if it finds in Chedwyn's favour.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/181623-ched-evans/page-29

We've been through all this already. I have my own opinion on the case based on the available facts. Evans is guilty of being a bit sleazy and of being unable to predict that the female was going to claim she couldn't remember giving consent - that doesn't equate to a rape conviction and a jail term imo.

Just because 12 randoms at the direction of one judge come to a decision doesn't mean you are automatically obliged to agree with it. Fire a different judge in there and another 12 randoms and they might come up with an entirely different judgement.

Yeah, I'm making a c**t of myself here.

So you didn't say?

It's just my theory and I might be miles out but I think she's just after the cash.

Ok, I'll try to be very specific as vagueness is a bit rubbish. In a nutshell, I think she was up for it at the time but was mortified when she woke up alone in her pish-stained bed in the morning.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/181623-ched-evans/page-22

Are you aware of her alleged deleted Facebook messages and tweets about offering to take her friends on holiday and buy matching Mini Coopers when she "won big"? Or the fact that she didn't have any sexual injuries on her?

I won't be changing my views on the incident irrespective of the outcome of the hearing although you and a few others will have to if it finds in Chedwyn's favour.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/181623-ched-evans/page-29

We've been through all this already. I have my own opinion on the case based on the available facts. Evans is guilty of being a bit sleazy and of being unable to predict that the female was going to claim she couldn't remember giving consent - that doesn't equate to a rape conviction and a jail term imo. Just because 12 randoms at the direction of one judge come to a decision doesn't mean you are automatically obliged to agree with it. Fire a different judge in there and another 12 randoms and they might come up with an entirely different judgement.

Yeah, I'm making a c**t of myself here.

Erm, what's your point caller? You attributed words to me that I didn't say, ergo, you've made a c**t of yourself.

Again.

Erm, what's your point caller? You attributed words to me that I didn't say,

I think it's fairly obvious my point.

You stand by what you said regarding the victim?

I think it's fairly obvious my point.

You stand by what you said regarding the victim?

Enrico, this thread is going the same way as the other - you are bringing nothing to the table other than following me about crying at my outrageous views. Please offer up your opinion and enter into a debate or dry your eyes and find a thread where you're not so out of your depth. Thank you.

Enrico, this thread is going the same way as the other - you are bringing nothing to the table other than following me about crying at my outrageous views. Please offer up your opinion and enter into a debate or dry your eyes and find a thread where you're not so out of your depth. Thank you.

It's a simple yes or no answer.

There are plenty of jobs that you can't return to once you've been convicted of certain crimes, and being a pro footballer is being added to that list (not by legislation, but by the mood of society).

I've got no problems with him moving on with his life and getting another job - but there's no way he should be a football player.

The no remorse stuff just shows he's a bit of a p***k and also pretty thick. Working with rape charities and going in for full contrition would've maybe allowed him to get a contract in the lower leagues, away from the media glare - but he's fucked that up.

There are plenty of jobs that you can't return to once you've been convicted of certain crimes, and being a pro footballer is being added to that list (not by legislation, but by the mood of society).

I've got no problems with him moving on with his life and getting another job - but there's no way he should be a football player.

The no remorse stuff just shows he's a bit of a p***k and also pretty thick. Working with rape charities and going in for full contrition would've maybe allowed him to get a contract in the lower leagues, away from the media glare - but he's fucked that up.

Why not a professional footballer? It's possibly the most male dominated working environments you can get!

Would you be happier if he were fixing your central heating with only you wife in the house?

It's quite simple....he's been deemed no risk to society hence he's been released from prison (on licence) therefore by the same token he should be free to resume his career. What's the point in releasing him otherwise?

The remorse/apology may be to do with him appealing the conviction......far be it for me to defend Evans' character.

Why shouldn't it be a crime, exactly?

Shouldn't the law protect people from being taken advantage of by, y'know... opportunistic scumbags?

That's not a crime though, so I think we can keep clear of this rather creepy, authoritarian cul-de-sac in which character traits become criminalised just 'cos.

Why not a professional footballer? It's possibly the most male dominated working environments you can get!

Id disagree, obviously on the pitch, but off it, You'll have women in all positions throughout the club.

Not to mention they're trying to make football a more family oriented sport.

Could you imagine showing up to a in store signing with your daughter and its Ched Evans sitting behind the desk.

f**k that

Would you be happier if he were fixing your central heating with only you wife in the house?

It's quite simple....he's been deemed no risk to society hence he's been released from prison (on licence) therefore by the same token he should be free to resume his career. What's the point in releasing him otherwise?

The remorse/apology may be to do with him appealing the conviction......far be it for me to defend Evans' character.

It's not about the risk of re-offending - it's the fact that footballers are role models in society.

Young people look up to and at times worship their team's best players. His crime has meant he should not be allowed that very privileged position in society.

Because "the mood of society" never goes wrong. Jesus wept its legitmising every Daily Mail\ Sun witch hunt ever.

If you want to ban people who have sex convictions from participating in professional football then use the laws of the game or the laws of the land. This pitch forks and torches stuff always ends up going off the rails as it hands the tabloids way way waaaaay to much power.

Because "the mood of society" never goes wrong. Jesus wept its legitmising every Daily Mail\ Sun witch hunt ever.

If you want to ban people who have sex convictions from participating in professional football then use the laws of the game or the laws of the land. This pitch forks and torches stuff always ends up going off the rails as it hands the tabloids way way waaaaay to much power.

I agree that the pitch fork mentality is not always right - but that doesn't mean it's wrong in this case.

This campaign has very little to do with the tabloids, and is instead the work of social media (and therefore much more democratic).

it's the fact that footballers are role models in society.

They are generally a bunch of spoilt c&nts. If they are role models then Evans is the least of our worries, people can see him for what he is. John Terry, Ashley Cole, Leigh Griffiths....etc etc

, and is instead the work of social media (and therefore much more democratic).

This the same social media that was outing the wrong people for the Boston bombing? That outed the old tory as a paedo with zero evidence?

No.

Create rules, apply them. Leave mob justice to people kicking paediatricians out of town.

Archived