Troon FC v Beith Juniors

Hertha_BJFC

Pitch is looking excellent. I'd be gobsmacked if it was in any serious jeopardy for tomorrow.

Looking forward to this game, always enjoy Beith games.

Cheers mate and looking forward to the game tomorrow as troons a great place to visit but not so much our last visit . ;)

Will need to stay away from Sharon of Troon as she was a bad drunken influence with her cocktails last time at Bellsdale before the game. :)

I visited troon in the middle of winter last year. Loads of other games off. Pishing with rain all day. Park was a carpet. Soaks water like a sponge. Assume it's an extension of the local beach. Great facilities and probably best club (bar lithgy) I have visited in juniors.

The corresponding fixture last year was a cracker. Went a long way to deciding who won the super first title. Troon never looked back from that game. I would take 1-0 this time round but there tends to be goals in this fixture.

I passed the ground earlier and it looked to be in good condition. It will be a cold one tho so wrap up warm.

Welcome all the Beith fans, hope you enjoy the game. :)

Looking forward to it, we're starting to play really well and getting a few results we deserve now. Hopefully a solid three points today but it will be a tough one. Agree with the above, there's usually goals in this game.

Bit of rain overnight but sunny and dry this morning and I'm sure the pitch is absolutely fine and the game is on. Haven't heard otherwise.

Thought it was a hard fought match,maybe on another day we would have took something from the game,played okay without the bit of luck you need at this level with games so tight,the only contentious issue for me was the challenge on mcshane which looked a red card all day long,but onwards and upwards there's always next week.

Gutted to be leaving Portland park today with nothing as we were more than worth a draw at least for me but guess that's fitbaw :(

We are now in a real dogfight and don't seem to be getting any breaks of the ball at the moment when maybe we were getting them earlier on in the season .

Big thanks to Sharon and the rest of the Troon committee as a nicer bunch you couldn't meet and it was great hospitality shown from them today towards ourselves.

Would like to know the refs explanation for only dishing out a yellow card for the disgusting challenge.Even the player himself thought he was going off.

I'm with you PC Cabe and it was a red card all day long for me . Horrible tackle and if it were a beith player I would say the same.

Archived