Willie collum

The guy should get suspended for that display today.

3 wrong penalties and never a red card there was no headbutt.

1st was very soft slight tug should of gave a penalty at every set piece if he was consistent.

Penalty he gave us at the end was a complete joke never a penalty.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1st was very soft slight tug should of gave a penalty at every set piece if he was consistent.

he must have incriminating pictures of most of the top brass at the sfa.

he must have incriminating pictures of most of the top brass at the sfa.

Not sure about the photos but he's still regarded as one of our top refs by the SFA despite regularly coming under fire for putting in shite performances.

Is it the case that certain refs are put up as the creme de la creme by the authorities and then they shite it to put them back down a peg or two in order to save face?

Do you by any chance run the B&W Army twitter page?

Went as a neutral today at the invite of some Buddies. As the game kicked off, I spotted Collum and said, 'There will be at least one penalty and one red card today.' To be fair, I thought he was decent in the first half save for the usual of giving a free kick for who shouted loudest.

At the first, my recollection is that Lee Miller backed into the defender who stood firm. Miller then exaggerated his fall and screamed out. I burst out laughing at Collum.

At the red, McLean was an absolute idiot in getting involved. It was a bad foul and the ref was going to book the Killie defender..or worse. I was pointing this out to a neighbour and so I could not be sure if McLean actually headbutted the player. He did go down the tunnel telling Teale 'I did f*ck all and he's a joke!'

The second penalty had Eremenko getting the slightest tickle which caused both legs and the obligatory squeal. 50:50 to me on first viewing but I knew Collum would give it.

His officiousness meant only one thing at the celebration.

I agree with Teale when he said 'He just evened it up at our penalty.' Embarrassing.

All this being said, Killie were much the better team. The big centre half with the bandage was excellent.

McLean call happened right in front of me, think the red card was justified. Should never have went head to head in the first place, absolute stupidity from McLean. The Killie challenge in the first place was a joke no wonder McLean got agitated.

Saints should have had a penalty in the first half for a similar challenge to the first Killie one. Only the first Killie penalty looked to be the right call. Saints penalty was a laughable decision.

Collum was horrendous. It's a shame he was continually fooled by the cheat that is Josh Magennis.

Defender quite clearly had a dirty big handful of Magennis' top. Blatant penalty.

McLean head butted a player, obviously a red card.

Our second penalty, Magennis was floored in the box, seemed another obvious penalty.

Slater's sending off was as obvious a booking as you'll see, I can only assume he forgot about the first as he jumped into the crowd.

No idea about the St Mirren penalty as it was opposite end.

Dry your eyes, pal.

No comment until Bobby F has given his analysis.

If you insist :-)

Collum is demonstrably a very poor referee, however the number of times he's got major decisions wrong against us seems too big to be coincidence.

So many examples, but the one that angers me most is the one in the league cup final against Celtic that, barring a great save from Samson, would have pretty much cost us the cup - a once in a generation event for a club like ours.

I've no doubt the two penalties and McLean's red card will be in the 'sometimes you get them sometimes you don't' category, and so will be defensible, but I just don't get the impression he'd have been as quick to awards them FOR us.

The ridiculous penalty he awarded us (in the 95th minute when it couldn't possibly do any good) speaks volumes IMO.

Oh, and trivial as it is, him blowing for half time before the 45 minutes was even up with Saints in possession in Killie's half, helps Stoke the paranoia of folks like me :-)

Archived