unfunny comedians

THE KING

• 1 month later...
On 13/07/2022 at 15:33, FK1Bairn said:

In no particular order:

Sarah Millican, Jo Brand, Al Murray, Alan Carr and Rosie Jones

Rosie Jones isn't funny in the slightest. Boggles my mind she gets so much screentime.

Andi Osho is another one who was terrible, based all her material around being Nigerian but somehow managed to appear on everything for a couple of years.

Mock the Week has went to the grave due to the standard of comedians nowadays and having some of the aforementioned on this thread as regularly has accelerated its death, imo.

Long live Frankie Boyle, Andy Parson & Russell Howard.

8 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Rosie Jones isn't funny in the slightest. Boggles my mind she gets so much screentime.

Andi Osho is another one who was terrible, based all her material around being Nigerian but somehow managed to appear on everything for a couple of years.

Mock the Week has went to the grave due to the standard of comedians nowadays and having some of the aforementioned on this thread as regularly has accelerated its death, imo.

Long live Frankie Boyle, Andy Parson & Russell Howard.

I remember when MtW first started and loads of people thought that Russell Howard and Andy Parsons were about as funny as a cheese-grater to the bellend.

Probably safe to say that, in fifteen years' time, there'll be a bunch of cantankerous middle-aged Gen-Zers complaining that comedy has gone to shit since the halcyon days of Pish Kumar and Rosie Jones.

31 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I remember when MtW first started and loads of people thought that Russell Howard and Andy Parsons were about as funny as a cheese-grater to the bellend.

Probably safe to say that, in fifteen years' time, there'll be a bunch of cantankerous middle-aged Gen-Zers complaining that comedy has gone to shit since the halcyon days of Pish Kumar and Rosie Jones.

I wasn’t an overly big fan of them back at the time either. But compared to the dross that’s been on the show the passed few seasons they are night and day!

9 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I wasn’t an overly big fan of them back at the time either. But compared to the dross that’s been on the show the passed few seasons they are night and day!

Andy "Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeees eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet" Parsons was fucking awful.

Mock the Week was always a showcase for terrible comedians, although John Oliver went on to do sterling work in America.

Such a shame Gina Yashere found it so hard to build a fanbase here due to racism, as she was very, very funny and not at all one of the worst comics they ever booked.

14 hours ago, BFTD said:

Mock the Week was always a showcase for terrible comedians, although John Oliver went on to do sterling work in America.

Such a shame Gina Yashere found it so hard to build a fanbase here due to racism, as she was very, very funny and not at all one of the worst comics they ever booked.

I didn’t see or hear of anything from John Oliver for years after Mock the Week until I saw him in Community (well worth a watch if you never seen it btw!)

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/08/2022 at 23:03, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I really struggle to understand what shes saying and her delivery (for obvs reasons) is really really slow - while I dont think that having a disability should be a barrier to a comedic career, I simply wouldnt pay money to see her perform.

Mind you, take out the disability bit and I could say the same about BBC Scotlands favourite - Des Clark........................

• 3 months later...
On 15/09/2022 at 00:25, Ewan8472 said:

Frankie Boyle X 5

Did he f**k yer maw?
Cos let's face it, while he may not be your favourite he's not the worst and compared to half the names on here he's levels above

• 7 months later...

I managed to tolerate the first 25 minutes of Jason Byrne’s set at the assembly hall earlier this evening 

By the time I walked out we still hadn’t got past the “you in the front row, where you from,what do you do?” Schtick and he wasn’t even very good at that

He may eventually have had some material that I missed but clearly not much and not much that he had any faith in

I’ve seen some shit in several decades of festivals but this was another level