Junior Scottish Cup Sponsorship 2015?

Killiepiyo

You would think William Hill would be a viable option as the winners progress into the senior Scottish cup (which they obviously sponsor at the moment) the following season.

You would think William Hill would be a viable option as the winners progress into the senior Scottish cup (which they obviously sponsor at the moment) the following season.

Hills Ladcrook, Power, and others use junior fixtures. Just how much do they pay the SJFA for use of what must be the juniors copyright.?

Hills Ladcrook, Power, and others use junior fixtures. Just how much do they pay the SJFA for use of what must be the juniors copyright.?

I'm not sure bookies need to make payments to leagues anymore, they were certainly arguing a couple of years ago that leagues can't claim copyright over info widely in the public domain, i think the bookies won, though i'm not entirely sure.

I think there are 2 different aspects to the dispute, which the football authorities have been losing: copyright over fixturelists, and copyright over individual 'cards', although it's 2 dimensions of the same issue.

Copyrighting fixtures in the Juniors would only work if they enforced and licensed them, with associated hassle and cost, AND bookies, papers etc. were prepared to pay-up. Not to mention recent legal cases which (surprisingly IMO) weakened their status as intellectual property. Only SPL, SFL and HL ever copyrighted their fixtures (AFAIA) and HL seems to have stopped.

At a level like the Juniors it would probably be counter-productive... it would just reduce the number of places where the info appeared.

Let's be honest, it would take a neck made of brass to challenge anyone who actually managed to make effective use of junior fixture lists.

I can absolutely understand why nobody touches football at this level. Keep standing alone and aloof from the rest of the game in Scotland and it will get worse before if gets better.

Let's be honest, it would take a neck made of brass to challenge anyone who actually managed to make effective use of junior fixture lists.

I can absolutely understand why nobody touches football at this level. Keep standing alone and aloof from the rest of the game in Scotland and it will get worse before if gets better.

Need a fixture list sorted, 2 weekends a month prior to the scottish cup final allocated as league game slots, couple of mid weeks in aug too. Scottish cup weekends fitted in and the weekend after them to be other cup games.

There's a starting point, its crazy that we can't get a sponsor for out national tournament. I would have thought it would be someones job at the sjfa to make sure the tournament always has a sponsor

Need a fixture list sorted, 2 weekends a month prior to the scottish cup final allocated as league game slots, couple of mid weeks in aug too. Scottish cup weekends fitted in and the weekend after them to be other cup games.

There's a starting point, its crazy that we can't get a sponsor for out national tournament. I would have thought it would be someones job at the sjfa to make sure the tournament always has a sponsor

Sounds about right - those without cup games on the "second" cup weekend could bring games forward if required/wanted. A provisional list at the start of the season and any adjustments at the "end" of the bad weather months, Feb say. Obviously, it's the Regions' responsibility to issue fixtures other than Scottish Cup ties

Sounds about right - those without cup games on the "second" cup weekend could bring games forward if required/wanted. A provisional list at the start of the season and any adjustments at the "end" of the bad weather months, Feb say. Obviously, it's the Regions' responsibility to issue fixtures other than Scottish Cup ties

It is the regions responsibility but they need to be guided/governed by the sjfa to bring this in

It 100% must be an official task of one of the paid hierarchy to gain sponsorship.

Sure said official can be named and shamed by those in the know ?

Perhaps even a region official plenty of who appear on here could let us know who carries the can.

Here's an East Region (no League Cup) 16 team starter for 10 - 15/16 season with SC dates based on nearest to this year's

post-12150-0-25494600-1420198174_thumb.j

There is only one paid employee of the SJFA .It dosn't take a genius to work out who he is.

All other functions, registrations, allocation of match officials, secreterial back-up, etc. are provided and paid for by the SFA.

If the SFA can't attract a major sponsor for their competitions then what chance have we got?

There is only one paid employee of the SJFA .It dosn't take a genius to work out who he is.

All other functions, registrations, allocation of match officials, secreterial back-up, etc. are provided and paid for by the SFA.

If the SFA can't attract a major sponsor for their competitions then what chance have we got?

Money is still tight in the sponsorship field have you tried getting cash in at club level.Do Umbro not sponsor the international tournament is that still due to take place? Use the money for the main trophy common sense.

I very much doubt that multi-national companies like Emirates can see much benefit to themselves from sponsoring what is, after all, a very minor sporting competition in world terms....

I started flying Emirates reasonably regularly after they started sponsoring the junior cup after giving Persian Gulf stoppovers the bodyswerve previously. The problem is how would they ever know they were getting extra custom like that?

I take it you were not just making these flights out of gratitude to Emirates for their sponsorship of the junior cup. As I remember, they began their sponsorship to co-incide with the start of direct flights from glasgow to the middle east and perhaps they though they might throw a few scraps our way.

I think it was a pretty decent amount of cash they were putting in, but how much of it actually reached the clubs i'm not sure. Certainly the clubs who wentn out in the early stages never got a sniff of it.

If we do succeed in getting new sponsors a good idea might be to use some of the money to pay match officials fees in the first couple of rounds, this would be a big help to the small clubs and then every club would at least get some benefit.

I take it you were not just making these flights out of gratitude to Emirates for their sponsorship of the junior cup. As I remember, they began their sponsorship to co-incide with the start of direct flights from glasgow to the middle east and perhaps they though they might throw a few scraps our way.

I think it was a pretty decent amount of cash they were putting in, but how much of it actually reached the clubs i'm not sure. Certainly the clubs who wentn out in the early stages never got a sniff of it.

If we do succeed in getting new sponsors a good idea might be to use some of the money to pay match officials fees in the first couple of rounds, this would be a big help to the small clubs and then every club would at least get some benefit.

The figure that was quoted at the time was ridiculously high which was why I suggested an extra zero had been added in error, considering NONE of the clubs directly saw the money. The only cash given out in the Junior Cup comes in the SF/F stages and that comes out of gate receipts - if possible. Unless the Emirates money was used to buy the ALBA coverage?

I take it you were not just making these flights out of gratitude to Emirates for their sponsorship of the junior cup.

No, just decided to give something a go one time that I previously had avoided and found I liked what they do as an airline and that their hub at Dubai was not that bad a place to spend a few hours compared to those of other airlines. Title sponsorship tends to be about stuff like brand recognition, so that people try something they previously haven't. My point was more that they probably had no way to gauge what impact their limited financial outlay into junior football was having on ticket sales, given there was no "how did you hear about us?" type of question when I booked the tickets the first time around.

Winding things back to the subject matter sometimes clubs hold a raffle where their shirt sponsorship is concerned, so that companies can spend a small amount of money for a raffle ticket that gives them the chance of getting their name on the jerseys. Maybe something along those lines could work for the junior cup? If the likes of Emirates are no longer interested because it seems too small potatoes for them, the way to go might be to go after people who would see it as being very prestigious, but might not want to pay a reasonable asking price.

sometimes clubs hold a raffle where their shirt sponsorship is concerned, so that companies can spend a small amount of money for a raffle ticket that gives them the chance of getting their name on the jerseys. Maybe something along those lines could work for the junior cup?

Good shout imo! might open it up to more companies that way and if a bid/ticket got you something in the way of an ad regardless who won it could be a good way to go.

Archived