Half man half biscuit

moses1924

Listening to an Andy Kershaw podcast featuring HMHB and they said that they're going into a studio at the end of the month to record some tracks for a new album. Release date as yet unknown.

Given that Geoff Davies is now retired, I would expect some delays. They are releasing it themselves.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Been rediscovering HMHB lately, CSI Ambleside, a particularl favourite.
Only ever managed to see them one time live & that was at Daddy Warbucks in Glasgow in the late 80s!
Always remember their OGWT appearance, Andy Kershaw could hardly hold his laugh in at the end of Ttumpton Riots? [emoji4]

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/02/2022 at 10:38, Oscar Wilder said:

Been rediscovering HMHB lately, CSI Ambleside, a particularl favourite.
Only ever managed to see them one time live & that was at Daddy Warbucks in Glasgow in the late 80s!
Always remember their OGWT appearance, Andy Kershaw could hardly hold his laugh in at the end of Ttumpton Riots? emoji4.png

I've been to a few gigs. The ones in Glasgow were pretty shite due to the acoustics, but the gig in Blackburn (or some other Lancs) town was ace, not least cos you were literally inches away from the band (if you were at the front). 

New album out today btw. 

• 2 months later...

Article in today's Guardian:  https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/apr/27/half-man-half-biscuit-fanatical-followers-ashes-wirral-dukla-prague-tranmere-rovers-subbuteo  A lot of the usual old stuff, but nice stories of fans, ruminations on middle-aged fandom and suchlike.  I'm beginning to consider making plans to get to one of their gigs later in the year, and really regretting that I didn't know about Friday's upcoming gig in Durham until two days ago as that would be the easiest one to get to.

Really enjoying The Voltarol Years, their best in a while if you ask me.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
5 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

I got a pair for Xmas a few years back. (I've already got a Dukla Prague away kit).

They've never been used, and never will be.

I'm wondering whether my Dukla Prague away kit is actually their home kit (it seems to just be their normal kit). 

I wonder if Dukla Prague are aware of the song, or if they just think that their team are popular in the UK for some other reason.