Half man half biscuit

moses1924

Adam Boyle Has Cast Lad Rock Away.

I'd totally forgotten all about that one, been obsessing over Camel Laird recently. 

• 4 months later...
On 31/12/2014 at 08:33, moses1924 said:

Anyone going to see them in Edinburgh at the end of January? Given their many football references in their songs thought there might be a few folk on here going?

had an argument with a   i know everything '    twat in 1989  saying there was a band called half man half biscuit,  he  kept saying no there is not !!!!!   iam sure paul waaktarr from a-ha is a fan of them

9 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Missed the early bits, but that's not my main gripe... 

My main gripe is the acoustics. Don't think it's the band's fault (though I could be wrong)...  but I struggled to hear anything they were saying, let alone singing... obviously, if you know the lyrics it's not such a problem, but I had quite a few non-fans in tow and they were nonplussed through a lot of it. 

Having said that, they did catch the gist of the Tebay / Wacky Races anecdote which they found hilarious. No idea what the alternative lyrics to National Shite Day were though!

Still - got our money's worth - especially compared to Sleaford Mods the week before!

It was a loud one last night. Some of the songs were a wee bit too distorted and I can get why newbies or people who don't know all of their material would have struggled a bit. I heard a guy standing in front of me talking about having ear plugs and that they made a big difference to last night's sound as it blocked out some of the louder distortion and made it easier to catch the lyrics.

I thought they were really good, but agree that at times the sound wasn't really good enough. Particularly for a band whose lyrics are often so brilliantly sharp.

Set list was good. Didnt play some of my absolute favourites (they played 24 hour Garage People last time I saw them so hey ho), but on the whole I really enjoyed them.

Just now, BallochSonsFan said:

It was a loud one last night. Some of the songs were a wee bit too distorted and I can get why newbies or people who don't know all of their material would have struggled a bit. I heard a guy standing in front of me talking about having ear plugs and that they made a big difference to last night's sound as it blocked out some of the louder distortion and made it easier to catch the lyrics.

I thought they were really good, but agree that at times the sound wasn't really good enough. Particularly for a band whose lyrics are often so brilliantly sharp.

Set list was good. Didnt play some of my absolute favourites (they played 24 hour Garage People last time I saw them so hey ho), but on the whole I really enjoyed them.

Not sure if it was 'cos I was half-pissed, but they seemed to play a helluva lot of songs. Sadly, with over 30 years' worth of material, they're always going to miss out a few classics! Aye, disappointing about the lack of 24 Hour Garage People (especially since they usually make up new lyrics to it) but I probably wouldn't have understood them anyway :)

One question ... just before Vatican Broadside.. he started doing a cover of a song... what song was it? And did he genuinely make an arse of it / what was the other guy showing him?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I like it a lot, Urge For Offal was the first HMHB I've not really got into but this one has clicked right away.

"Let me gaze upon your curves, instead of Ipswich Town reserves, swerving the Checkatrade with you" :lol:

Renfield Afoot is a cracking song ... quite similar to Vatican Broadside ... no idea why it's called Renfield Afoot though. Any ideas?

Who the f**k are you, trying to govern everybody’s bat walks?

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

I still haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, probably will listen to it multiple times over the bank holiday.

EDIT: Just found it on spotify, finally got the web player to work while I'm at work.

Edited by Comrie

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/05/2018 at 20:44, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Renfield Afoot is a cracking song ... quite similar to Vatican Broadside ... no idea why it's called Renfield Afoot though. Any ideas?

R M Renfield is a character in Dracula by Brams Stoker - hence the bat reference.

FFS who says “hence”.

• 2 months later...

I've always said that HMHB have a song for every occasion (e.g. my colleague at work was talking yesterday about going on an organised batwalk). 

Anyway, this news article obviously made me think of this song...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-45111652

• 4 months later...