New Year/Hogmanay

I usually get wired into a party or two, but this year we are heading to the Art Bar on Perth Road.

It's basically a private party, only about 50 tickets sold. So shouldn't be too busy. Band, stovies and a fire out back. I'm actually looking forward to it.

If I'm not still up and drinking for the derby, I've done something wrong.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hogmanay is shite. For the last few years I've visited family in Ireland for it. Was still pretty shite, but shite with a change of scenery. Haven't made it over this year so I'll just head up to the folks to see it in.

Last time I was out in Glasgow, was maybe four or five years ago. Was in Coopers on Great Western Road, Bells come and everybody is all full of the "all the best" chat, about ten minutes later it all kicks off at the stairs, pubs closed for 12.15AM. When trying to get a taxi home, I then slip on ice at the Kelvinbridge, thanks to a combination Guinness and my shoes having shite grips I had to slide along the pavement to the curb on my arse as it was the only way I could stand up. Light grey trousers, not so light grey after that. Ended up having to walk home with a wet arse as I couldn't find a taxi.

Totally disagree, personally I've never not got in anywhere in Glasgow or had any issues with bouncers through there.

Edinburgh, if there's more than two guys weighing more than 11 stone each, it's a KB because the bouncers are weedy wee wimps.

Probably didn't want you throwing your shit around the place......

Hogmanay is shite. For the last few years I've visited family in Ireland for it. Was still pretty shite, but shite with a change of scenery. Haven't made it over this year so I'll just head up to the folks to see it in.

Last time I was out in Glasgow, was maybe four or five years ago. Was in Coopers on Great Western Road, Bells come and everybody is all full of the "all the best" chat, about ten minutes later it all kicks off at the stairs, pubs closed for 12.15AM. When trying to get a taxi home, I then slip on ice at the Kelvinbridge, thanks to a combination Guinness and my shoes having shite grips I had to slide along the pavement to the curb on my arse as it was the only way I could stand up. Light grey trousers, not so light grey after that. Ended up having to walk home with a wet arse as I couldn't find a taxi.

I've had many a night end like that.

Totally disagree, personally I've never not got in anywhere in Glasgow or had any issues with bouncers through there.

You've either picking the wrong club or looked like a wrecked psychopath.

I'm DJing at one of the pubs in Killie til 1:45AM then off to my pal's house party which should still be going strong by then. Got a minibus booked for the Buddies v Killie game which should be fun...

Last year was probably the best hogmanay I've ever had, flat party at my pal and his ficancée's that went til 5AM. What a night it was!

I just cannot be arsed tonight but it's a ticketed event that family are going to aswell as mates so can't exactly bottle it and no show up. FFS. Would rather lie in bed watching Breaking Bad. Soon as it is just past midnight I'm making an excuse to exit pronto, shouldn't be hard seeing as my mates are talking about going to a club after it. A club that's a total shite heap and packed to the rafters on a normal weekend. Feck going tonight when it'll be even more packed and double the price to get in.

New Years a shite night, used to love it when 16/17/18 but now it's just a nuisance. Gonna have to try Edinburgh one year, everywhere else I've been for Hogmanay has been poor.

Roll on Newcastle in 2 weeks. :P

I've done the street party twice, both times been utter shite. Full of tourists.

Archived