New Year/Hogmanay

go out early enough to your preferred destination, if it goes tits up you have time to try other places

ive seen guys knocked back from nightclubs at 11pm, having an hour to find somewhere else is a joke, especially if you need to taxi the distance

That's whar we're doing bud.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's whar we're doing bud.

You'll be fine unless you're a group of guys, too pished or act like a dick in the queue. Where is it you're going? Avoid Suva, the Welsh c**t that works the door there is always looking for excuses to KB folk.

You'll be fine unless you're a group of guys, too pished or act like a dick in the queue. Where is it you're going? Avoid Suva, the Welsh c**t that works the door there is always looking for excuses to KB folk.

Think just a few boozers bud.

All my mates have got engaged or into relationships this year and are planning on spending it with their partners. I am currently looking like I could be a third wheel for one of them or spend the night in with my parents which would be a nightmare.

2 of my single mates have suggested going to the pubs but I'm of the belief it may be crowded and shite.

Save your cash and stay in.

Your best bet for New Year is the house or a party organised by a friend/family.

The pubs are mobbed, hot/condensation on the windows, and you'll meet a lot of ''Ah've been drinking since 3 o'clock''. Then it's 12 o'clock - the biggest anticlimax going.

Then the walk home if you live near to the town centre shouting Happy New Year across the road to folk you will never speak to again until next Christmas Eve or Hogmanay.

Saying that! All these ''Just staying in this year'' posts I'm seeing on Facebook. It could well be night of the year!

Well you're heading to the worst city for a night out with the worst bouncers the route cause of it being a shit night out.

Nah.....bouncers in Glasgow are far far worse.

Glasgow's a better night out though.

Having people (mostly younger from work) round to celebrate Scottish Hogmanay at 7pm here in the states. They can then go on and celebrate it again local time, ill probably be pished and sleeping by about 10. We started this wee tradition in California where a British pub had a big do at 4pm local time which made it a great effort to see it in twice. I got older though, nae stamina.

What's New Year like abroad? Pretty much same as here with everyone being blotto?

Pretty much the exact same. I was in Toronto last year and had a great night. It's more about who you're with tbh and as long as the venue is OK then you'll have a good night regardless.

I just cannot be arsed tonight but it's a ticketed event that family are going to aswell as mates so can't exactly bottle it and no show up. FFS. Would rather lie in bed watching Breaking Bad. Soon as it is just past midnight I'm making an excuse to exit pronto, shouldn't be hard seeing as my mates are talking about going to a club after it. A club that's a total shite heap and packed to the rafters on a normal weekend. Feck going tonight when it'll be even more packed and double the price to get in.

New Years a shite night, used to love it when 16/17/18 but now it's just a nuisance. Gonna have to try Edinburgh one year, everywhere else I've been for Hogmanay has been poor.

Roll on Newcastle in 2 weeks. :P

Decided to make it a quiet one this year as myself and the good lady are off for an overnight with the family on NYD, before flying back to India at the weekend.

Going out for a curry tonight with my sister, brother in law and nephew. Probably head to my folks and have the bells with them before an early night just after the bells.

New Year Eve used to be one of the highlights of the year when you were 16-21 but you grow out of it for most of he reasons quoted in this thread. I'm not that old at 28 but you don't half get into the "cannae be arsed" mindset as the years go past.

Archived