New Year/Hogmanay

Couldn't see a thread on this - what are your plans for the most overrated evening of the year? In all fairness I've had two excellent New Years in a row, anything but the Edinburgh Street party is a good option usually.

Also, do pubs in Glasgow open later than usual or is it just standard?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a thing, will be taxi for my oldest who will me out getting MWI. Me and the wife will have a small sherry and watch a bit of the telly.

On the 1st away to the Celtic game at Partick.

New Year is for utter fannies.

Not a thing, will be taxi for my oldest who will me out getting MWI. Me and the wife will have a small sherry and watch a bit of the telly.

On the 1st away to the Celtic game at Partick.

New Year is for utter fannies.

The Celtic game's a good shout for the 1st actually. It'll be getting suggested.

The Celtic game's a good shout for the 1st actually. It'll be getting suggested.

Quite glad to be going but will take the car. some relatives coming to the house on the first, I pray they f**k off before I get back.

In two of the last three years I was out with friends at organised functions. But I'd never just go out and randomly choose a pub.

This year most of my friends are off back home so it'll be a quiet night with Jackie Bird this year.

All my mates have got engaged or into relationships this year and are planning on spending it with their partners. I am currently looking like I could be a third wheel for one of them or spend the night in with my parents which would be a nightmare.

2 of my single mates have suggested going to the pubs but I'm of the belief it may be crowded and shite.

Out to the pub for a few Inverness Caley's before an after-party at a mates flat which I probably won't remember. Dundee derby kicks off at 12.15 but flat is conveniently located within walking distance of Tannadice so wake-up and walk to the game with a drink to take the edge off it.

If we win I'll get right back on it for the day and probably end up dead or in Bell Street B&B. If we lose, I'll go to bed and watch Only An Excuse and that Still Game documentary thing.

All my mates have got engaged or into relationships this year and are planning on spending it with their partners. I am currently looking like I could be a third wheel for one of them or spend the night in with my parents which would be a nightmare.

2 of my single mates have suggested going to the pubs but I'm of the belief it may be crowded and shite.

Sounds like you'll be ending up in Loft - 21 people confirmed to be going on Facebook thus far. Could be a mad one.

Aside from that in terms of Perth you've got The Ice Factory which might be alright, and I know a lot of people going to the Racecourse (albeit would probably be better in a big group).

My dear old mum and dad are in their 80,s so will spend the evening with them. I don't want to be morbid but I just never know how long I will have them.

Still they like a wee bevy as do I and some more of the clan will appear.

Ladies on Rotation at the Sky Bar on Bread St. Soul, funk, disco and house .

Great views of the castle and fireworks. So hoping my girlfriend from Glasgow will enjoy.

I don't normally bother with NYE but she has friends and family coming from different parts of Europe so hopefully will be a good night.

I'll let everyone race ahead then get melted.

Archived