2014: Good or Bad?

2014 Good or Bad?  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Shite.

Just been made worse as I've found out about an hour ago a bag I'd left behind a bar on Xmas eve containing about £500 worth of clothes, is no longer there.

Yet another 'lesson' I'll learn. Need to quit the drink.

I doubt my last 20 years worth of clothes would add up to a total of 500 quid....amazing what you can nick off scarecrows....

This year has been fairly "meh" to be honest. At the end of the year The MIGHTY City are at the top of the Lowland League but we'll probably implode spectacularly...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lost weight, put it back on, so meh.

Cup final was phenomenal, definitely left me feeling good

Ibiza, never consumed so much alcohol before in a week

Got a payrise at work, now under more pressure from manager to perform

Recently starting speaking to a girl who I'm getting close with, could be classed okay I guess

Some of the best nights out I've had. Drinking in a gothic pub in aberdeen was an experience

It was certainly better than how 2013 went (redundancy, trying to dump a mental girlfriend and being stuck in a shite job) but il try and top it in 2015.

A fantastic year for me. Got married, had a fantastic honeymoon, bought a house and had a great weekend in Berlin. Work is also going well at the moment, the Ramsden's Cup win was a brilliant day and I've really appreciated spending times with friends and family when I've visited them. I don't get to see them often, but it does make me ensure that I enjoy the times when I do.

2013 was a bad year, so this one was most welcome.

Bad

Failed a law resit

I'm single

The referendum was pish

I spent half the year with a brick for a phone

Mrs Browns Boys is still on TV

My Laptop is broken

Good

Dropped Law from my degree and everything is beautiful again

I'm single

Queens have been competent

Nobody died or got ill

I grew an inch in height

I watched Cool Runnings

I became #DECE as well as Dench

No longer living with arseholes but 3 sound bois who have the same interests as I do.

Just generally being a happier person.

Dapper Laughs is no more.

I wouldn't say it was a vintage year but hopefully it sets up for a quality 2015

Cracking year; the Sons stayed up, I seen scotland win more than our fair share, got a 30% payrise, I became debt free (bar the mortgage), passed my professional chartered review with the ICE, the missus gave birth to our second child and we got engaged over Xmas. Not bad all things considered.

Hopefully 2015 goes along similar lines, starting with an away win at the Ibrox debt dome on Saturday.

Edit to add: only downside being the referendum which to be honest had me scunnered for weeks afterwards. I did my bit though so focused on that.

Got a job with prospects and an alright salary for my age, moved to the south of England, also got engaged and then subsequently married. Move into the house at the very beginning of next year.

Being down south for the referendum was woeful though, that left me cunted for a bit.

Getting married was tremendous though

Assuming nothing major happens in next couple of days then 2014 has easily been the best year of my life so far :)

1. I got Married

2. Started my own business which is going well

3. First time on a Plane

4. First time abroad

5. Visited France, Holland, US, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Mexico and Bahamas.

6. My little brother got engaged

7. My wee sister got married and I was asked to do the 'father of the bride speech'

8. Became an uncle for the first time

9. Had my 30th

10. Mother in law beat cancer

11. Finally took driving lessons and about half way through

12. One of my best mates got married

13. Another one of my best mates had a kid

14. Stirling Albion got promoted

15. The referendum (although bad result) was cracking entertainment

16. Some quality sporting events/moments -great World Cup, Commonwealth Games etc

17. The Fappening ;)

All in all a cracking year personally for me.

c**t of a year to be honest. Watching my mum slowly deteriorate to a Brain tumour from August '13 to her finally losing the fight in Sept. Sold the old house and temporarily moved in with my Father in law(the day before my mum died) only for him to sell his house 3 weeks later. So 2 moves all within a month of her dying, 3 if you include helping him move too. Stress is the key word for that year just gone/going.

Only thing that's kept me (remotely) sane was the kids and the new build to look forward to move Into in April. Can't come quick enough.

Got myself debt free, earned a substantial increase in my salary, done a fair bit of traveling, managed to get home several times to see friends and family, got a flat with my other half.

All in it's been a fairly good year for me.

Close stuff in the poll.

Personally, 2014 was an unmitigated disaster, scarcely better than 2013 by virtue of there not being a single life-destroying event like there was then but ultimately finished as lonely and directionless as it began

But apart from that...

Good stuff

I graduated from university with a 2:1, narrowly missing out on a 1st.

I managed to secure a good graduate job within a week of handing my final piece of work in, which was a huge relief.

Went on holiday a couple of times (Spain and the annual walk/piss-up in Knoydart).

Got along to a few events at the Commonwealth Games.

The kids keeping me on my toes.

Bad stuff

I'm not really myself at the minute, and to be honest, haven't been for most of the year. There's a couple of ways I need to address this, and aim to do so in the coming year.

The more I think about it, the more I think 2014 was a damn good year for me.

Graduates Uni

Got a job that I love doing

Getting to travel around Scotland because of it

I'm making more of an effort to see friends who are further away

Bought my own car

All of these things are progress to me and I'm certainly heading in the right direction. Then there's following St Johnstone, hell it's been a bumpy ride.

Let's just say we brought in the new year in a bad way. I can honestly say I've never been more depressed sitting watching my team lose 4-0 in a cup semi final, in the torrential rain as I got soaked. I don't blame the fans for leaving early, but I could never so that.

Mind you it got better. Revenge in the other semi was glorious, the cup final was a day I'll never forget obviously, getting to watch saints away in. Europe once more, Lucerne was great. All in all a proud year for my little club and here's to another one following them.

That said, reflecting on it all over the year, I can help but think I'm missing something in my life, I've no idea what, but hey if I'm happy now, who knows what'll happen if I ever find it. I should say it's not a relationship before anyone thinks it is. I suppose I'm looking to move out as well, it's been too long and I'm fed up. So I guess that'll be my New Year goal!

Archived