2014: Good or Bad?

2014 Good or Bad?  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As it reaches the end of a year I always think back as to whether or not I liked it or not for personal reasons. In all honesty I hated 2014. So here's a brief summary of why bad gets my vote.

- My Gran was diagnosed with cancer, again.

- My other Gran was showing signs of having cancer, again.

- The family rabbit died.

- I spent most of the year arguing about the referendum with people I don't like.

- It rained the entire time I was on holiday.

Pretty dire. Here's my positives to save someone calling Samaritans for me:

- I did far better than I expected in my highers.

- Glasgow 2014 was awesome, the whole buzz around the city was great and I loved every minute of it.

- Dumbarton finishing narrowly outside the playoffs and playing some of the best football in my lifetime.

Over to the good people of P&B for a fully democratic vote. What is the general consensus on the year?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolute shite, to be honest.

Mother-in-law had serious health problems Dec '13 to February, Mother passed away in April, then I was diagnosed with cancer in July. Can't do anything about mother, but the m-i-l has recovered, and after a couple of months of chemo-radiotherapy, I'm slowly recovering to the extent that i should be back at work in a couple of weeks. (Fun fact - the recovery is mostly from the treatment, not the cancer!)

Looking forward to a much better 2015. I'd also like to wish all on P&B a good New Year.

The country being terrified into voting No is one if the worst things I've had the misfortune to witness. The commonwealth games were great but they were only games. Voting No will haunt the people of Scotland until it's put right. It was a shite year.

Absolute shite, to be honest.

Mother-in-law had serious health problems Dec '13 to February, Mother passed away in April, then I was diagnosed with cancer in July. Can't do anything about mother, but the m-i-l has recovered, and after a couple of months of chemo-radiotherapy, I'm slowly recovering to the extent that i should be back at work in a couple of weeks. (Fun fact - the recovery is mostly from the treatment, not the cancer!)

Looking forward to a much better 2015. I'd also like to wish all on P&B a good New Year.

Christ, I thought I had it rough. Cancer is a horrendous disease. Hope you have a much improved 2015 (not that it would be difficult to improve of 2014)

I had one of those normal years, few ups few downs.

The only thing I wanted to achieve in 2014 was getting a new job, which I managed. I now have a new job doing something I enjoy making more money than I ever have so the future feels really good. Really looking forward to enjoying my 2015.

It was #Dece.

What my boi Forza said.

While bringing in the new year in the drake hotel, Toronto. I took a moment to appreciate my surroundings and company. At this point I thought, what a #dece way to start the year.

In April whilst boarding in the Zillertal valley ( Austria), with the sun beating down on my face, I began to ponder as to whether it gets any better. That evening I raved my tits off to the prodigy in an alpine forest #snowboming

In June I was sitting down the copacabana with a ciaparinha one minute, sitting amongst 80,000 in the maracana the next #worldcup

In July, I found myself standing in a torrential downpour, thunder and lightening, in the middle of a car park in rural Spain. Under most circumstances this wouldn't be fun, but as kasabian happened to be playing in this car park, not one f**k was given #Benicassim

I hear you all ask yourselves, this boys year surely couldn't get any better, could it?

Well, the closing parties in ibiza were next on the list. Standing on the terrace in DeCe10 in a state of euphoria, I almost stopped dancing in amazement, as Seth Troxler unleashing tune after tune #Ibiza

To relax after the hectic summer I'd had, I went to Dortmund for a few days for the Scotland game in September #Germany

2014 = #dece

Mixed.....was a tough start to the year with stress at work & never ending renovation works not to mention nearly killing myself with Carbon Monoxide poisoning......but came back fighting as ever!

2015's gonna be a cracker though :)

It's been an alright year for me I suppose - started my own business that's doing alright, got away a couple of cracking weekends to Newcastle for Maximo Park and London for The Libertines, and had a good Christmas. I've also joined a new band and managed to play King Tut's which was a great one to get off the bucket list, and I went on STV Glasgow and did a couple of tunes myself which was magical.

On the negative side the referendum result was poor (and the Dece Bois not winning was poor), and closer to home my Gran's dementia is getting worse and worse, but when times are bad I just think of happy times with her in the past.

On the subject of fitba Allan Johnston's given me loads of reasons to vent my pent-up anger this year, but that day at Easter Road in May was one of my favourite away days ever. So overall I've had worse years, but I've also had better years. Hoping next year is a good one!

The first half of my year was a nightmare. My dad died in March aged only 58 then in July I split with my girlfriend of seven years and had to move out my flat. The second half has been excellent. I've made a load of great mates who I go to the football with every week and who I probably wouldn't be so close to if it wasn't for the two things that happened in the first half of the year and I also met an amazing girl who I'd be absolutely lost without. So really a mixed bag but 2015 is looking very good, looking to get a flat with the new Mrs and I complete my apprenticeship in January so not looking too bad at all.

Oh and there was also a little play off final win this year which was rather enjoyable.:D

Archived