Stenny v Stirling

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paterson was a real gem today and would deserve a start against dunfermline

I'm actually not sure if your on the wind up or not, although if you're not in the wind up then I would question if you were at today's game.

I'm actually not sure if your on the wind up or not, although if you're not in the wind up then I would question if you were at today's game.
no I thought paterson was brilliant today he could of done better with stenny goal but he kept us in it with some brilliant saves

Paterson was a real gem today and would deserve a start against dunfermline

He wasn't a gem, think he had some very dodgy moments.

Overall the game was good and think we done very well and over the 90 minutes were the better side. God it feels good to win think I forgot what it was like there.

He wasn't a gem, think he had some very dodgy moments.

Overall the game was good and think we done very well and over the 90 minutes were the better side. God it feels good to win think I forgot what it was like there.

thought paterson was brilliant although he had to take the blame for stenny goal

Not sure how you can say that if you had the same rubbish view from behind the goals as I had.

No doubt some light will be shed on it with video but it appeared there was a Stenny player coming back from an offside position but didn't touch the ball to these old eyes. Certainly Chris Smith was appealing for offside.

Hope the supporters bus did not give Sam the body swerve again, being a community club you really should take "care" of folk like him!

Stirling were pretty good for all we weren't good enough. Knocked it about lovely at times and played with pace on the flanks (whatever that is?)

Gordon Smith has played like the best player in the division in both games at Ochilview yet I'm assuming is gash most other weeks.

We were dog shit. Aye we played some nice tippy tappy stuff first half but who had the real chances? Certainly not us.

Was nice to welcome Kaiser back as well for as bad as it was near the end of his tenure he gave us some cracking days and he was a very likeable guy.

Unlike our current manager.

Gordon Smith has been one of those players who plays great but sometimes can find himself out of the game quite easily.

He fits into that category of you want to release him but then does something great to have you doubt that, like before the game yesterday I would have been happy to see him go but then he goes and scores with a good attacking run.

Roughly agree with what the Stenny boys said. Thought we were just about worthy of the win.

Again, pleased with Comrie and Beith in the centre of the park as they retained possession well, worked their socks off and were at the centre of all the decent play we had all afternoon. Some really nice one touch football at times (although there was a bit of hoofball in between) and always looking to release Smith/Cunningham down either flank. I can't really comment on the end of the McDonald reign, but there does at least seem to be a focused game plan from McLaren and an attempt to instill confidence in the players to keep the ball on the deck.

Wasn't Cunningham's best game but still thought he looked dangerous on occasion whilst Smith was excellent. As for the defence, we still look like we will concede with alarming regularity against better sides but Stenny never really put us under too much pressure. Thought Smith organised the back line well enough and Paterson was secure in goals, doing enough to earn a run in the team.

Still massive favourites to go down but yesterday offered a little hope at least.

Archived